Facebook seeks a highly motivated, team player to serve as Associate General Counsel of Security for India. This is a unique opportunity to have regional and global impact while working on cutting edge and novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment across a range of complex regulatory, safety, security and user data issues.
The role requires analytical skills, good judgment, strong work ethic and communication proficiency along with a keen interest in learning and working with new technologies and laws across jurisdictions. This position will be based in Gurgaon.
- 12+ years of legal experience in a law firm and/or in house.
- Experience strategically managing and handling contentious, regional, litigation and regulatory matters.
- Previous experience providing guidance to providers in responding to law enforcement requests strongly preferred.
- Experience advising on international surveillance laws, including an understanding of data privacy laws, and its application to online platforms.
- Passion for and understanding of technology.
- Team player who enjoys building and maintaining cross-functional relationships and working with others.
- Ability to think strategically to solve legal challenges.
- Advise the Law Enforcement Response team, based in the US and Ireland responding to governmental requests for user data.
- Develop and implement effective policies for processing legal requests and protecting user data.
- Guide and execute litigation strategy in relation to high-profile matters relating to data requests.
- Work closely with the company’s safety and security teams to protect the people who use our service from abuse.
- Support legal and public policy teams’ engagement with regulators and legislators on safety and security policy.
- Collaborate with members of Public Policy, Legal, Community Operations, Product, Engineering and others on safety and security matters.
For official notification and online application link, click here.