Morgan Stanley, India is looking to hire for the job role of Associate-Legal System Application Support Analyst, for its office in Mumbai.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management, and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 700 offices in 42 countries.
Professionals within Legal and Compliance provide a wide range of services to our business units. They might help to structure a complex and sensitive cross-border transaction; advise on a new product introduction; develop a training program or defuse an investor dispute. They preserve the firm’s invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the firm from sanctions with policies and procedures that meet regulatory requirements around the world. They also strive to maintain cooperative relationships with governmental policymakers and the regulatory and self-regulatory agencies that govern the firm’s businesses.
Background on the Position
The Legal department within the Legal and Compliance Division is implementing a number of strategic technology systems to provide improved capabilities for the Division. To support these new systems and provide continuing support to existing systems within Legal, the department is establishing a strategic system support model, to provide long-term and sustainable processes with an integrated operating model across the Legal department and relevant technology teams.
The Legal System Application Support Analyst will join the Legal System Support team and provide Level 1 support for all in-scope systems. The role will include working closely with end-users, system owners, and relevant technology teams for required activities, including but not limited to resolving issues, responding to user requests for help or service, routing enhancement requests to the appropriate system owner for further investigation/resolution, assisting with system releases, and maintaining self-service help resources for users. The Analyst should be comfortable with learning new technologies and be able to communicate about those technologies with all stakeholders, including non-technical business users and technical personnel.
- System support for all in-scope applications, including:
- Executing / enhancing the ticket-based process for triaging and addressing user issues, questions, and requests for help
- Investigating issues in partnership with Product Owners, technology teams, and end-users
- Troubleshooting user/business requests and escalating to Product Owners and technology teams as needed
- Assisting with system operations as requested
- Interfacing directly with global users to address day-to-day questions related to application functionality
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of self-service user support materials for in-scope applications
- Assisting with system requirements elicitation and documentation
- Assisting with system testing, including user acceptance testing and ad hoc system testing as requested
- Managing system configurations and entitlements for in-scope applications
- Participating in training for all releases of each application to learn new features and bug fixes
- Assisting in communicating features and fixes to users in response to their questions and support requests
- Processing enhancement requests per defined process, including performing quality control checks to assess data completeness/readiness for system owner review
Qualifications and Competencies Required
- Undergraduate degree
- 1-2 years relevant work experience in system support, business analysis, or product management
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills; ability to generate creative alternatives to identified issues
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize responsibilities, and produce results
- Interest in, or appreciation for, technology and drive to learn and understand why an application does what it does
- Strong relationship-building skills; ability to develop and foster trust-based relationships with the various business lines supported
- Ability to interact with all levels without direct authority
- Ability to operate independently with minimal direction
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, and IT systems generally
Skills and Knowledge Desired
- Knowledge of ticket-based support systems and processes
- Program/project/product management experience
- Project/software development lifecycle knowledge and experience is preferred
- Basic understanding of the role of each of the three levels of support in the Background above
- Compliance and/or financial industry experience, particularly within legal frameworks and processes, such as matter management, contract management, etc.
More Job opportunities that you might be interested in
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.