The number of advocates required on Bank’s panel under the CMO is as under:
1. AJMER 8 Posts
2. ALWAR 11 Posts
3. BARAN 3 Posts
4. BHOPAL 12+10 (10 for DRT Jabalpur): 22 Posts
5. BIKANER 22 Posts
6. BUNDI 3 Posts
7. CHURU 3 Posts
8. DAUSA 3 Posts
9. DEWAS 3 Posts
10. GURGAON 3 Posts
11. GWALIOR 10 Posts
12. HANUMANGARH 29 Posts
13. INDORE 11 Posts
14. JAIPUR 48+10 (10 for DRT Jaipur): 58 Posts
15. JODHPUR 10 Posts
16. KOTA 9 Posts
17. MORENA 6 Posts
18. NAGAUR 3 Posts
19. PALI 4 Posts
20. RAISEN 4 Posts
21. RAJSAMAND 4 Posts
22. REWARI 10 Posts
23. SEHORE 5 Posts
24. SIKAR 3 Posts
25. SRIGANGANAGAR 36 Posts
26. UDAIPUR 5 Posts
27. UJJAIN 4 Posts
28. VIDISHA 4 Posts
TOTAL: 296 Posts
Size of the Panel
The size of the panel and number of Advocates in panel shall be determined by the Competent Authority from time to time based on the requirement and quantum of work.
Volume of Work
The volume of work shall be assessed on the basis of the pending cases in the preceding year and the fresh cases likely to be added in the succeeding year.
The advocate shall not necessarily be empanelled for specific court and shall accept the work assigned to him and shall not refuse to accept any work without reasonable cause.
Refusal by any advocate to accept any work otherwise than on grounds of conflict of interest shall be grounds of removal of such advocate from Bank’s panel. Similarly, no advocate as long as he/she is on Bank’s panel shall contest any matter against the Bank.
Applications are to be submitted as per format given in Annexure A along with requisite documents.
Empanelment shall be at the sole discretion of the Bank and no advocate shall claim empanelment as a matter of right. Similarly, work allotted to the advocates shall be as per Bank’s policy and assessment and no advocate shall claim allotment of cases as a matter of right.
Last date of receipt of application is 26th August, 2017
Period of Empanelment
1. The advocates shall be empanelled only for a period of three years which shall be subject to annual review. This shall also be applicable for the advocates who are already empanelled and the advocates who have completed their tenure shall be taken out of the panel, unless empanelled afresh.
2. After the end of three years, empanelment of an advocate shall come to an end and no new cases will be assigned to the advocate.
3. The advocate however, subject to fulfillment of norms can apply afresh for empanelment as and when Bank calls for application as per the prescribed procedure and his/her candidature/ application shall be considered on its merits and the advocate can be empanelled afresh for such fresh period and it shall be treated as a fresh empanelment.
4. In case of legal retainers who perform dual role i.e., as a legal retainer and as a panel advocate, their empanelment as a panel advocate shall be on the aforesaid lines.
However, the retainership will be for one year, renewable on year to year basis with maximum period of five years at a stretch.
Fees, Application Procedure and Criterion of Empanelment
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.