Faculty of Law, Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal, in collaboration with Taxmann Centre for Excellence in Taxation Laws (CETL), under the auspices of Centre for Competition and Investment Laws and Policy (CCILP) is organizing a two-day Virtual National Conference on “Changing Paradigm of Corporate and Commercial Laws” on 19th and 20th June, 2021.
About the Conference
The conference aims to discuss the upsurge of issues and changes that the corporate sector in India has suffered in the light of COVID -19. Under the impact, stakeholders have been highly mindful considering the unpredictable nature of trends in investments, commercial transactions and agreements and compliances; hence to address and discuss the issues thus faced by the Indian economy JLU is calling for papers in this national-level conference. The conference is open to students of law, commerce and management, research scholars, academicians, corporate professionals, tax practitioners, lawyers and other stakeholders of the society.
Papers may cover the broad themes of corporate and commercial laws such as the following (not limited to these themes only, author(s) may choose to write on any relevant theme within the ambit of corporate and commercial laws):
- Corporate Restructuring and Governance
- Commercial Agreements during COVID-19 Pandemic
- Force Majeure and Issues relating to Contractual Obligations
- Emerging Issues relating to Negotiable Instruments
- Trends in Mergers and Acquisitions
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Processes
- Issues relating to Direct Tax Moratorium
- Challenges in Good and Service Tax Regime
- Role of Regulatory Authorities
- Corporate Dispute Resolution Mechanisms
- Competition Disputes and Unfair Competition
- Cartels and Monopolistic Practices
- Competition Commission of India and its Functions
- Abuse of Dominant Position
- Investment and Securities Issues
- Foreign Institutional Investments and related Issues
- SEBI and Regulation of Securities Market
- The word limit for papers shall be 3000 – 5000 words (exclusive of footnotes) in .docx format.
- Co-authorship up to one co-author is allowed. (a total of two co-authors)
- Plagiarised papers shall be summarily rejected.
- Papers shall be accompanied by an Abstract of not more than 300 words.
- For referencing, author(s) are required to follow the Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th Edition).
- All submissions shall be made to ankit.singh[at]jlu.edu.in.
- Selected papers shall be published in an edited book with ISBN published by Taxmann Publications.
- Submission of Abstract: 05 May 2021
- Intimation of Abstract Acceptance: 10 May 2021
- Submission of Full Paper: 05 June 2021
- Date of Conference: 19-20 June 2021
Registration Fees (to be paid after acceptance of Abstract)
- For Students: INR 300/-
- For Research Scholars: INR 500/-
- For Academicians and Professionals: INR 750/-
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.