About the Workshop
JIMS Engineering Management Technical Campus, School of Law, affiliated to GGSIPU is organizing a “One Day National Workshop on Advocacy and Professional Ethics” on 3rd November 2018.
Advocacy Skills and Professional Ethics is the most precious qualification for a lawyer to shine with head high and withal to command the required courage to function in courts where apart from skill and erudition, it is only the high values treasured and nurtured by counsel that marks him out as lawyer and man in a crowd of competing and jealous men of the legal profession. Judges and clients always respect such an advocate.
The workshop will be largely based on discourse by the experts, students’ presentations and query handling session. It would be highly beneficial for all the participants as they will be able to understand about the Professional Ethics they need to inculcate to be a good lawyer. The workshop will also enable students to relate themselves to someone they admire and want to be like in future.
- Development of Public advocacy
- Developing social justice counselling in advocacy skills
- Before and after effects of the Advocates Act, 1961
- Advocacy Skills and Professional Ethics in other countries
- Advocacy & social work
- Challenges of Advocacy
- Public Interest Lawyering: a recent approach
- Entry of foreign law firms: its effects and challenges
- Mr. AMARJIT SINGH CHANDHIOK, Senior Advocate and Former Additional Solicitor General & President, Delhi High Court Bar Association, Vice President, Bar Association of India
- Mr. P.V. DINESH, Founder Director and Mentor, Live Law, Advocate on Record, Supreme Court of India
- Mr. SHAMSHAD, Former Standing Counsel, State of Uttar Pradesh, Advocate on Record,
Supreme Court of India
- Mr. VIBHOR AGARWAL, Advocate, Supreme Court of India
- The presenters need to submit an abstract not exceeding 300 words.
- All the submissions must be e-mailed latest by 25th October 2018 on Workshop.firstname.lastname@example.org
- The participants need to fill in the registration form and send the same on Workshop.email@example.com
- Registration Fee for Presentation of Paper: Rs. 500/-
- Rs. 300 for additional presenter (max two members team is allowed
Attractions of the Workshop
- Top 5 presenters of the workshop will be provided internship opportunity with ‘Live Law’ and other eminent law firms.
- Trophies for the top three presentations.
- All the participants will be provided with participation certificates.
- All the participants will be provided with workshop kit & lunch.
Ms. Nupur Thapliyal: 8851114397
Ms. Garima Sharma: 9717004767
Mr. VaibhavChauhan: 9818655507
Mr. Puneet Kumar Arya: 8168079301
Click here for the brochure and for registration form, click here.