About the Summer School
Umang Foundation Summer School, New Delhi 2019 is the first edition of the Summer School organized by Umang Foundation in association with NILS India.
The Summer School will be organized at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. Our Knowledge Partner for the Summer School is Legal Desire.
This Summer School is an annual week-long course on Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency especially focusing on the developments in the insolvency regime in India and the major cases.
The academic session is spread across nearly 25 hours and covers various areas such as Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016, Corporate Restructuring, Role of National Company Law Tribunal and Debt Recovery Tribunals, Valuation aspects in asset maximization, Cross Border Insolvency, etc.
Our chief guest for the closing ceremony is Mr. Bahram N Vakil, Founder and Senior Partner of AZB & Partners.
Following are some of the confirmed speakers for the Summer School
- Sumant Batra, Managing Partner, and Head – Insolvency and Corporate Law Practice, Kesar Dass B & Associates, New Delhi, and International Insolvency Expert.
- Ashwini Mehra, Insolvency Professional and Senior Advisor, Duff & Phelps and former Deputy Managing Director and Chief Development Officer, State Bank of India.
- Aviral Jain, Managing Director (Restructuring Advisory Services), Duff & Phelps, New Delhi.
- Saurav Panda, Principle Associate (Insolvency and Bankruptcy), Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co., New Delhi.
- Dr. Neeti Shikha, Head, Centre for Insolvency and Bankruptcy (Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs).
- Nikita Sinha, Senior Associate, AZB & Partners, New Delhi.
- Raghuram Cadambi, Advocate, Karnataka High Court and former Senior Associate, Trilegal.
- CS Anchal Jindal, Monitoring and Compliance Officer, Insolvency Professionals Agency of Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
- Adity Chaudhury, Partner, Argus Partners.
- Ashish Pyasi, Principal Associate, Dhir & Dhir Associates, Mumbai.
- Sandeep Bajaj, Founder and Managing Partner, PSL Chambers
Best Performer Award and Internship Opportunity
The best performing participant in this Summer School will receive “Best Performer Award” by Umang Foundation.
An internship opportunity will be provided to the winner of the competition at Kesar Dass B & Associates headed by Mr. Sumant Batra along with a cash prize of Rs. 5,000.
The criteria for the internship will be solely based on the competition to be organized during the Summer School.
The total intake for the Summer School is restricted to 60 participants. Applications are open for professionals, law students, and management students.
The selection of participants will be done on the basis of the Curriculum Vitae and Statement of Purpose submitted by the applicants.
Interested people can send us their Curriculum Vitae and Statement of Purpose [email protected] and CC to umang.foundation[at]outlook.com.
After selection, please register at the following link.
Deadline for Registration
15th May, 2019
An early bird registration discount is valid till April 10, 2019.
Following are the details of Participation Fees
- Students: Rs. 6,000
- Professionals: Rs. 7,000
- Students (International): 90 US $
- Professionals (International): 100 US $
- Students: Rs. 7,000
- Professionals: Rs. 9,000
- Students (International): 110 US $
- Professional (International): 130 US $
Ms. Varsha Gupta: Director (Events) & Joint Secretary, Umang Foundation (M) +91- 7252919181
Ms. Rajmee Lais: Competition Head, Umang Foundation (M) +91- 8979833050
Ms. Shreya Bhargava: Treasurer, Umang Foundation
(M) +91- 7611135081
For registration and more details about Summer School, please click here.
The website link is here.
Update: The post was first published on 4th April 2019.