The Inter-University Centre for IPR Studies (IUCIPRS), Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), instituted the Minor Research Project with the objective of encouraging young teachers from across Kerala and the rest of India, to undertake research in the area of Intellectual Property Rights.
Every year five (5) project awards are earmarked. One minor research project is kept open to teachers from Central & State Universities/Government/Aided Colleges across India, provided a sufficient number of eligible applications are not received from within Kerala. The scholarship shall be known as IUCIPRS Minor Research Project.
The applicant shall be a full-time teacher teaching in any University/Government/Aided College in Kerala or any other part of India. The applicant shall have been a teacher for a minimum of three years.
Duration of Project
A maximum of twelve months from the date of release of the research grant from IUCIPRS.
Funding of a minimum of Rs. 5,00,000 shall be available for one Minor Research Project for a year. It may be increased from time to time depending on the availability of funds. The maximum amount that may be released for one Minor Research Project, however, shall not exceed Rs. 10,00,000.
Details of Application and Research Proposal
The application shall be in the prescribed form along with the detailed research proposal. The research proposal shall include the area of research in IPR chosen, research problem, research questions, methodology, duration of the project, possible outcome, social utility of the research, the details of the expenditure, name of the Principal Investigator and others involved in the project etc.
Procedure for Selection
A committee consisting of three experts nominated by the Vice-Chancellor along with the Director of IUCIPRS shall scrutinize the application along with the research proposal and may recommend for the release of grant. The selection for Minor Research Project is based on the quality of the research proposal.
Notification for the Project
The notification for the Project shall be posted on the website of IUCIPRS in the beginning of the upcoming financial year. The deadline for applications shall be two months after the publication of the notification.
Terms and Conditions of Award of Project
- The Project shall be awarded in the name of the Head of the Institution where the applicant is working and the teacher shall execute a bond with IUCIPRS before the release of the grant.
- 50% of the total research grant shall be released by IUCIPRS after the execution of the bond by the teacher concerned. The cheque shall be in the name of the Head of the Institution. The Institution shall maintain a separate account.
- The awardee shall make a presentation and submit an interim report at the end of six months on the progress made and the final report of the research at the end of the Project.
- 25% of the grant shall be sanctioned after the submission of the interim report. However, it shall be released after the proof of communication regarding the submission of the article for publication is provided.
- The awardee shall submit an audited Utilization Certificate (UC) along with the statement of expenditure auditing the account by a Chartered Accountant on completion of the project. The balance 25% of the grant shall be released only upon the receipt of the audited UC and submission of proof of acceptance of the publication.
The awardee shall publish the research report acknowledging the receipt of the funding from IUCIPRS. The above norms may be suitably amended by way of deletion/addition by the Executive Committee of IUCIPRS.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.