About the Organisation
Vels Group of Institutions, the multidisciplinary, research-oriented institute under the canopy of the Vels Educational Trust, has been relentlessly working for the last 25 years to achieve higher standards of education.
In the year 2008, the status of ‘Deemed-to-be-University’ was conferred upon Vels Group of Institutions on June 4, 2008, by the MHRD, Government of India through its Notification No.F.9-56/2004-U.3 and by the University Grants Commission by its Notification No.F.6-4/2005 (CPP-I) dated July 30, 2008.
Established in 2015, the School of Law is dedicated in providing students with practical legal skills and a spirit of service to the legal profession and the community.
About the Moot
School of Law, VISTAS is organising Second Isari Velan Memorial National Moot Court Competition 2020 (IVMMC)” between 07th and 08th February 2020.
The Competition shall be open for ‘bona fide’ students who are pursuing a 5-year integrated law Programme or 3-year LL.B Programme in India. Such an institution must be recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- Each team shall consist of a minimum of two members or a maximum of three members. There shall be no circumstance whatsoever that a team consisting of more than 3 members be allowed to participate.
- In case of a three-member team, there shall be 2 speakers and 1 researcher in the team.
- Teams shall not disclose their identity whatsoever, i.e. the name of their institution, city, etc. or any other information which has the effect of disclosing their identity and affiliation with a particular university or institution, except in the registration form.
- Such disclosure shall result in disqualification subject to the discretion of the Organizers. Each team shall be allotted a team code and each participant shall be given an individual code. Teams shall not disclose their identity or that of their
institution or city etc.
- Any such disclosure shall invite strict penalty including disqualification. The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the Organizers.
For the registration form, click here.
- The Participating team shall duly fill the registration form provided in the “Rules” and send it with the registration fee of Rs. 2,500/- The registration fee shall be paid through Demand Draft, drawn in favour of “The Registrar, VISTAS”
payable at Pallavaram.
- The last date for submitting the registration form (Hard Copy) with fee shall be 20th January 2020. The teams must send their “Provisional Registration”. Confirmation of their participation by way of Email ivmmc[at]velsuniv.ac.in on or
before 10th January 2020.
- Each team shall be allotted a “Team Code” on receipt of the registration form and fee. Spot registration will not be entertained. Formal registration of the teams shall be done on 7th February 2020 at the venue at 08:30 AM.
- Any change in the team composition should be intimated to the Organizers before the Formal Registration. No forms received after the deadline shall be considered for registration.
- Dr. Ravi Bundela, Assistant Professor: 8920428845
- Mr. V. Karthikeyan, Assistant Professor: 9840449248
- Mr. D. Rohan Kumar, Assistant Professor: 6380764289
- Ms. S. Jenifer Stella, Assistant Professor: 9952011733
- Mrs. A. Suganthini, Assistant Professor: 9962713815
- Mrs. Sreeja B.G, Assistant Professor: 974477338
- Mr. Sandeep C, Assistant Professor: 9074454646
Email id: ivmmc[at]velsuniv.ac.in/dean.law[at]velsuniv.ac.in
For the Moot Proposition, click here.
For the Rules and Regulations, click here.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.