*** Originally published on July 23 ***
The last date for submitting papers has now been extended to Aug 22, 2017.
The official notification is given here.
The Inter University Center for IPR Studies, Cochin University, is organizing the 5th Annual Workshop on “Rethinking Intellectual Property Rights” on the theme “IPR, Access to Seeds and Farmer’s Rights”.
Rethinking IPR is an annual National Level Workshop for Law students and students of other disciplines interested in IP research (undergraduate, post graduate and research scholars).
Objective of the Workshop
It is organized by the IUCIPRS, CUSAT to initiate critical thinking regarding the role of Intellectual Property Rights in a social context. The pedagogical practice existing among the Law Schools in India predominantly approaches IP from a commercial angle, often ignoring the social implication of IP.
The main objective of Intellectual Property law is to maintain a correct balance between protection of IP and providing access to the public to the modern technology and its benefits.
Law students and students of other disciplines interested in this area (undergraduate, post graduate and research scholars) willing to prepare a paper on any of the sub-themes could apply.
- Intellectual Property and Sustainable Agriculture
- Impact of Patents on Agriculture
- Sustainable Agriculture and Plant Variety Protection
- Impact of TRIPS Agreement on Seeds
- Patents and Protection of Plant Varieties and Sustainable Agriculture- Indian Perspective
- Geographical Indications and Agriculture
How to Apply
- Step 1: Each student is allowed to register by sending an abstract (maximum 300 words) on one or two sub-themes on or before 15th August 2017. Based on the title and abstracts submitted by the students as approved by IUCIPRS, the sub-themes will be allocated to the students. We encourage original single author papers, though joint submissions with a maximum of two authors are also permissible. Selection will be based on the quality of the paper submitted.
- Step 2: Intimation for the selection of abstracts will be given on or before 25th August 2017.
- Step 3: The students are further required to sent the full paper by 31st October 2017. Students shall be asked to revise their paper after screening.
Students are required to register by paying rupees 500. Total number of participants is limited to 35.
Quality Papers will be published in the renowned IP Journals.
To register, click here.
For more information on the workshop, click here.