IPAN, in association with the German funding agency, DAAD awards a scholarship every year to fund one student’s participation in the Hessen International Summer University: Intellectual Property & Biotechnology -Linking Business, Law and Science.
What is this Summer School?
Jointly organised by the faculties of Law, Economics and Business, Agricultural Sciences and Medicine of the Justus Liebig University Giessen, this summer programme has earned a global reputation for excellence.
The interdisciplinary program is designed for postgraduates, undergraduates & young professionals with some basic knowledge in the area of biotechnology, who want to learn about Europe’s way of dealing with the challenges of a new and developing industry such as biotechnology, and who want to gain some first-hand experience with German and European culture.
What is covered by the scholarship?
A grant of 1000 Euros towards the course fee of 1750 Euros (the selected student will have to pay the rest 750 Euros, which includes the registration fee of 250 Euros and also cover travel costs). This scholarship grant will be inclusive of:
- All courses including materials and a supplementary reading lists
- Accommodation at a student’s dorm (single apartment with shared bathroom)
- Health, accident and liability insurance
- Free public transport within Giessen for the full course period
- Free Internet Access (Ethernet in the dorms, WiFi at the Campus)
- Field Trips: 2 three-day field trips (Munich and Berlin), Day trip to the Rhine River (optional) and other Social Events
The selected student will have to bear:
- 750 Euros Couse Fee (Inclusive of registration fee of 250 Euros)
- Travel costs to and from the city of Giessen, Germany
- Daily meals (cheap vegetarian and non-vegetarian food is available for purchase in the university cafeteria. The dorms are also equipped with self-catering kitchens)
All the required documents must be emailed to email@example.com in a zipped folder with the subject line as ISU Scholarship_ (Candidate’s Last Name).
For any queries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow IPAN on facebook at www.facebook.com/IPANglobal for regular updates.