The application deadline for the year 2015 is 18th June 2015.
IPAN, in association with the German funding agency, DAAD awards a scholarship every year to fund one student’s participation in the US-German Summer School in International and Comparative Law.
What is this Summer School?
Jointly offered by the Marquette University – Law School, the University of Wisconsin – Law School and the Justus Liebig University Giessen – Law School since 2009, the U.S. – German Summer School in International and Comparative Law has earned a global reputation for excellence. The Summer School is the flagship of law programs in international high-quality teaching at the Justus-Liebig-University Giessen.
What is covered by the scholarship?
A grant of 1000 Euros towards the course fee of 1750 Euros (the selected student will have to pay the rest 750 Euros, which includes the registration fee of 250 Euros and also cover travel costs). This scholarship grant will be inclusive of:
- All courses including materials and a supplementary reading list
- Accommodation at a student’s dorm (single apartment with shared bathroom)
- Health, accident and liability insurance
- Free public transport within Giessen for the full course period
- Free Internet Access (Ethernet in the dorms, WiFi at the Campus)
- Field Trips: 2 three-day field trips (Munich and Berlin), Day trip to the Rhine River (optional) and other Social Events
The selected student will have to bear:
- 750 Euros Couse Fee (Inclusive of registration fee of 250 Euros)
- Travel costs to and from the city of Giessen, Germany
- Daily meals (cheap vegetarian and non-vegetarian food is available for purchase in the university cafeteria. The dorms are also equipped with self-catering kitchens)
All the required documents must be emailed to [email protected] in a zipped folder with the subject line as Law Scholarship_ (Candidate’s Last Name).
For any queries, please write to [email protected].
Follow IPAN on facebook at www.facebook.com/IPANglobal for regular updates.
Full details are HERE.