GNLU and Cochin University of Science and Technology are jointly organising an IP Research Training Programme on ‘Quantitative Methods in Intellectual Property Research: A Software-Based Approach’ which will be held at GNLU from August 22 to 24, 2022 in hybrid mode.
About the Event
DPIIT IPR Chair, Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) and DPIIT IPR Chair, Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Inter-University Centre for IPR Studies (IUCIPRS) are jointly organising an IP Research Training Programme on ‘Quantitative Methods in Intellectual Property Research: A Software-Based Approach’ which will be held at GNLU from August 22 to 24, 2022 in hybrid mode.
The core objective of this workshop is to make the researchers confident in analyzing empirical data in their fields of intellectual property research.
Intellectual Property Rights is one major field of interest for developed and developing countries all over the world, and the relevance of empirical data in supporting the studies of IPR is a major topic of reflection today.
But the dearth of workshops on IPR studies and Empirical data analysis limits the opportunities available to the researchers to gain in-depth knowledge and skill in conducting reliable and authentic empirical research.
The workshop aims at addressing this crucial problem by imparting training to IP researchers to properly conduct research, and analyze the results of empirical studies to support their findings in IPR policy research.
All the sessions will be handled with lectures and practical exercises.
- The necessity of empirical studies in IP
- Making sense of IP data
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel in IP data management
- Use of Web scrapping in IP research
Who can Participate?
This workshop is open to legal academicians, industry professionals, research scholars, and students who are working in the areas of intellectual property law in India.
How to Register
- The registration form and payment link are available at the end of this post.
- The link shall remain open till 5 pm, August 21, 2022.
- Application form can be filled and submitted only through the link provided. No other modes of submission like courier or other offline modes will be accepted.
- Registration shall be on a first come first serve basis.
- Details relating to the Workshop and accommodation will be shared only with the Registered participants.
- The selected participants are requested to have their own Laptops to get hands-on experience with the software applications introduced during the Course.
- Registration fees for Online Participants: Rs. 1,180/- (Inclusive of GST)
- Registration fees for Offline Participants: Rs. 2,360/-(inclusive of GST)
- Please view the fee payment link here.
- The fee once paid is non-refundable.
- No participant will be entertained without enrolment.
A certificate of Participation will be given to participants with 80 percent attendance in the workshop.
(Offline): Conference Hall, GNLU, and Online.
August 21, 2022
Queries may be addressed to [email protected]