Your Name, College, Year of Study, Email ID
Name of Organisation, Location city, Team Strength
Childline, Prayas NGO, Delhi. A project under Ministry under women and child development. Team of seven, including the project coordinator.
Application Process with contact details
Join Lawctopus Law School, the law school you always wanted, online! Check courses.lawctopus.com
I approached the Prayas Juvenile Aid Centre (JAC) Society directly.
Duration of Internship and timings
18th June, 2013 – 9th July, 2013
First impression, first day formalities, infrastructure
As I told I directly approached the Prayas Juvenile Aid Centre (JAC) Society, Tughlakabad.
On the very first day, the coordinator Mam was the one who took my interview in which she asked the general concepts of law which must be known to a second year law student.
Afterwards they selected me as an intern for their Jahagir puri project (Prayas NGO).
Infrastructure was not so good but after all it hardly does matter.
I accepted the offer and joined there on second day of my internship. The Project head cum coordinator pursued a professional conversation with me and introduced me to the other staff members.
Some paper work was to be done as the first day formality.
1. To read Juvenile Justice Act and its related case laws and amendments – As their core focus is on the juvenile rights and protection
2. To observe their daily register in which they particularly mention the descriptions of the cases which comes to them with various courts, police stations, telephonic complaints etc.
3. If possible, I generally accompanied them with case intervention into different places. Depends upon the nature of case.
4. To conduct different educational and recreational activities for the NGO children.
Work environment and people
1. The work environment was not so hectic. Actually it was very trouble-free
2. Each and every staff member was very helpful, they want me to learn the core principles from the depth.
3. The head sir is the one who usually explains the my doubts in legislation as he was one who particularly knows law.
1. Lots of knowledge – which was very important at that phase of your carrier
2. Awareness for public at a large and a better initiative for betterment of public.
3. Government is promptly developing by taking these initiatives for welfare of public.
4. No other intern
1. No good place to eat nearby.
2. No other intern
1. We all usually end up debating about betterment of public at a large but there is a huge difference in speaking and doing what actually needs to be done for that.
2. If you concentrate and shift your focus, then you can learn something from each and every individual.
3. Making misconceptions about something will always lead you in trouble sometimes in your life.
Any Other Thing
Best option available for 1st and 2nd years.
I belong to Delhi.
10 A.M. – 5 PM Only on Saturdays, I was allowed to leave at around 4 P.M.