Your Name, College, Year of Study, Email ID
Dushyant Kapil, JIMS Engineering Management Technical Campus, Affiliated to GGSIPU, Greater Noida 1st Year
Name of Organisation, Location city, Team Strength
People’s Union of Civil Liberties, Delhi
Application Process with contact details
You can send your CV with a cover letter to [email protected]
You will get a reply most probably in one week.
Duration of internship and timings
4th June 2016 to 4th July 2016.
First impression, first day formalities, infrastructure
The first day was a interesting one.
My home is at Bathinda, Punjab, so I had my train on 3rd June 2016 to New Delhi. I reached the office on time at sharp 11.00 a.m, my father also accompanied me.
I had lot of expectations from PUCL but all expectations were shattered after seeing the infrastructure of the office. On the very first day we registered by submitting a fees of Rs. 1000 only and got a membership of PUCL family.
After registering, our mentor MR.N.D Pancholi got in the office and we started discussion on many topics like human rights, fundamental rights and Blue star Operation.
We finished the discussion at 1.00 P.M and after that I left for my P.G at Laxmi Nagar.
The main tasks during the period of my Internship were:
1. Visit to Jantar Mantar, and the objective of these visits was to focus on the protests and the demand of the protesters followed by their socio-economic rights.
2. Interviewed 50 respondents in a shelter home, PRAYAS, Jahangirpuri and submitted those questionnaire along with our own understanding of issues relating to shelter homes.
3. Presented various presentations in the office
4. Lectures and seminars were followed by various group discussions and debates on topics like –
• “human rights violations”
• “Sedition” in the context of JNU controversy
• “Anti-Emergency Day”
All the seminars were held at Gandhi Peace Foundation, Delhi.
Work environment and people
1. The work environment was friendly interactive and professional.
2. The communication process at PUCL was transparent and open.
1. Got an exposure of field work.
2. Got an opportunity to attend many lectures from big personalities.
3. Learnt the research skills.
1. There was no much work to do, we used to sit idle most of the time.
2. We were supposed to visit the PUCL Office, maximum twice or thrice a week.
3.Expectations were shattered.
1. Never go only after the name, firstly you should research as much possible from friends, seniors, faculty about the place where you will be spending your precious 1 month .
2. No expectations = No disappointments.
Any Other Thing
Expectation is the root of all heartache – William Shakespeare.
I had a stay at “NEEL KANTH” PG at Laxmi Nagar as Delhi has quite good metro connectivity, the PUCL office , Mayur Vihar was only 4 stations away.
The price was affordable only RS. 5000 + AC + Wifi.
You can get home like food in front of the PG at Aunty’s Canteen that too at so cheap price only RS.60( Perfect Thali).
The room was quite but I had to share it with 2 people, so I couldn’t get privacy.
6 days a week
Monday is a holiday.
10.00 am to 1 pm