The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations’ global development network. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience, and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
About the Opportunity
UNDP provides opportunities for a small group of outstanding university students to undertake an internship at the UNDP office in India. The objective of the Internship Programme is to provide UNDP India with the assistance of qualified students specialized in various professional fields.
Applicants to UNDP internships must at the time of application meet one of the following academic requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher)
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent)
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in first two above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- To demonstrate an interest in the field of development and respect the principles of the United Nations Charter and UNDP’s mission.
- The desire to work with and gain the confidence and respect of people with a different language, national and cultural backgrounds is an essential part of working in the UN system.
- You should also be interested in global mobility, as well as adaptability to varied physical and other environments.
- The language requirements are: Applicants should have written and spoken proficiency in at least one, and preferably two of the three working languages used by UNDP: English, French and Spanish.
Fluency in Arabic, Portuguese, Russian, or Eastern European language is an asset.
- Minimum: 6 weeks
- Maximum: 6 months
UNDP Country Offices, at Regional Hubs or at Headquarters in New York (Depends on the application)
How to Apply
Fill the Internship form, the link of which is given in the Important Links section.
Send your duly filled and scanned application to jobs.help[at]undp.org.
Please Note: Selection for internships is fully decentralized within UNDP.
Please indicate your area of interest in the subject line of your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
More posts that you might be interested in:
- Online Volunteering Opportunity at UN [Human Rights]: Apply Now!
- Internship Opportunity at Goonj [NGO] in Multiple Locations: Applications Open!
- Leo Cussen Human Rights Law Virtual Internship Opportunity by InsideSherpa [5-6 Hours]: Start Now!
- 8-Week Long Online Gathering by Empathy Connects’ O Ri Duniya 4.0 on Society and Environment [Oct 17-Dec 5]
- Research Fellowship at Adhyayan Foundation for Policy & Research: Applications Open
- Internship Opportunity at Ministry of External Affairs [MEA], New Delhi: Apply Now!
Disclaimer: Internship experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus' official views on the internship.