Rakshak Foundation is non-profit organization founded by Alumni from India’s elite educational institutes like the IITs and IIMs and is based in California, USA with a sister organization in India.
Internship Program – Purpose
Rakshak Foundation’s Internship program is a professional development program intended to advance Rakshak Foundation’s goals with a pipeline of top university talent and, in turn, provide students with practical learning experience in the area of public policy issues and citizen participation in governance.
Interns are recruited and selected based upon their educational standing, curriculum and potential. The program also allows Rakshak Foundation to inculcate the sense of responsibility and true meaning of a good citizen in the youth of the country by having them work towards real social projects and issues.
The focus of the program is for students to learn about the vast opportunities available for them to make a positive impact with limited time and resources. The program encourages learning from interaction with the fellow interns from different disciplines and backgrounds and eminent institutes across the country.
How to Apply?
The program is currently available in a few selected cities and colleges. There are limited number of projects and limited positions available.
Duration of program is for from 9 – 12 weeks depending upon the length of the project and availability of the intern.
Please apply by filling the application form HERE.
Duration: 9-12 weeks
Benefits to the Intern
1. Provides the students with an opportunity to experience real-world problems to which they must apply fundamental academic and interpersonal skills.
2. Identify, cultivate and develop students towards their participation in social issues and public policy
3. Links academic program content with the workplace.
4. Provides students a rich learning platform to interact and share their ideas and vision with other fellow interns working on diverse projects
5. Provides students with opportunity to be creative in finding innovative solutions to actual problems.
6. Motivates students to develop a strong work ethic and achievement orientation with some supervision.
7. Introduces students to the roles of nonprofits in their community and beyond.
8. Provides them opportunity to recognize their true passions and potential.
9. Lets them experience a sense of success and accomplishment, which will enhance their self-esteem and may motivate interest in their academic subjects and activities.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.
I am the Admin of Lawctopus. I am for law students, of law students and by law students. I am Torts and Contracts and moots and internships. I am your boyfriend! And your girlfriend too! Mentor. Friend. Junior. Senior. I am the footnote in your research paper. Foreword in your life. The jugaad for your internship. The side gig which earns you bucks. I am Maggi. Pocket money too.