International Policy Analysis Network is an independent, private, non-profit public policy organisation currently based in India.
IPAN Internship Programme is an intensive, highly selective, unpaid, non-resident programme for mentoring and training interested young students in the areas of public policy research.
IPAN Internships provide an opportunity for career exploration and development as well as a chance to learn new skills. Interns may work independently or with the IPAN teams in our research areas.
This is an excellent opportunity for those students who are planning for a career or further studies in international relations, public policy, law, think tanks or international organizations.
A Non-Resident Internship
IPAN Research Interns are able to undertake their work from their respective locations. It has purposefully been designed to be a non-resident programme for the students to be able to work with IPAN on a part-time basis whereas their university classes/job compulsions will prevent them from undertaking a resident programme.
IPAN currently provides no monetary compensation in the form of stipends or otherwise. There may be some paid positions available in the future depending upon the availability of funding.
- Can be of any nationality.
- Must have completed at least first year of the bachelors course.
- Can be from any academic discipline ranging from social sciences to technology but should be highly motivated to work in a demanding think tank environment which would require excellent research and writing skills focussed on public policy issues of national & international relevance.
- Must be proficient in both oral and written English.
Period of Internship and Application Deadline
Intern positions are available for three terms in a year of three months each. Following are the term duration with their respective application deadlines:
- Summer Term (July-August-September): Applications to be submitted by 31st May
- Fall Term (September-October-November)- Applications to be submitted by 31st July
- Spring Term (February-March-April)- Applications to be submitted by 31st December
How to Apply
- IPAN accepts applications until the aforementioned application deadlines for each internship term.
- The applications received after the deadline will be considered for the following term (for the same term in case there is a position available).
- Only online application is accepted. To apply, click here.
For more information, please visit the official website at the link given here.