The National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP) is a centre for research in public economics and policies. Founded in 1976, the institute undertakes research, policy advocacy and capacity building in areas related to public economics.
One of the major mandates of the institute is to assist the Central, State and Local governments in formulating and reforming public policies by providing an analytical base.
The institute was set up as an autonomous society, at the joint initiative of the Ministry of Finance, Planning Commission, several State governments and distinguished academicians. It is registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
Tasks of the Internship
- Research on law and health policy.
- Proofread write-ups.
- Make presentations for internal reviewing of the team (This would be relating to existing research projects on regulation/governance).
- Write blogs/articles/op-eds ( During this period, you will be expected to initiate a research idea and publish a blog with the help of one of the team members. You could pitch your ideas and/or collaborate with others on theirs).
The interns have to report at the office Monday-Friday. Office timings are 9.30 am to 5.30 pm.
Qualifications and Skills Required
The organisation will only consider law students who are in year 3 of their course or higher. Masters students and students studying in three-year law courses are welcome to apply.
Number of Vacancies
Yes, the stipend will be based on the internship
How to Apply?
Please send your email with the following information:
- Your CV
- One writing sample (Published/unpublished)
- The duration of your availability (Minimum 4 weeks)
Please ensure that the subject line of your email reads: “Application for internship at health policy team”
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.