The National Human Rights Commission of India is a Statutory public body constituted on 12 October 1993 under the Protection of Human Rights Ordinance of 28 September 1993. It was given a statutory basis by the Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993.
NHRC Winter Internship 2019
With a view to spreading awareness among University students about the need for protection and promotion of Human Rights, the Commission has been regularly conducting ‘Summer and Winter Internship Programmes’ since 1998 and 2000 respectively.
This year the “Winter Internship Programme (WIP) 2019” will commence from 17th December 2019 (Tuesday) to 15th January 2020 (Wednesday) (30 days). Applications are invited from eligible students of the entire country.
Structure of the Winter Internship Programme (WIP)
About 70 sessions on various human rights issues are proposed to be covered to sensitize the interns. The WIP 2019 will include the following inputs:
- Classroom sessions.
- Interaction with Hon’ble Chairperson and Members of NHRC.
- Project work on Human Rights issues.
- State Presentation on human rights scenario of the State to which interns belong to.
- Book Review from NHRC Library.
- Films on Human Rights & Discussion – Child Labour issues, Anti Trafficking, Health and Education issues and discussions.
- Field Visits
- Visit to Police Stations & Jail – The Interns would basically observe and interact with Police officers / Jail Authorities and the inmates and appreciate the Jail and Correctional Administration.
- NGO’s- The interns would visit NGOs where they can interact with Children and appreciate the problems.
- Juvenile Home – The interns would visit to observe the children and their living conditions and the Juvenile Justice System in practice.
- Old Age Home – The interns would be exposed to the basic human rights problem of the elderly people and get sensitized.
- Aaganbadi Centre – The interns would be exposed to the basic human rights problem of Children and get sensitized about Child Development Service Programme.
- Cultural programme would be organized by interns on the eve of Valediction Day of the WIP 2019.
- Students who have completed 3 years OR VI Semester 5 years Course of BA/BBA.LLB., etc. and pursuing in 4th & 5th years are eligible to apply.
- Students pursuing LL.M. Course,
- Students must have attained a minimum of 60% marks in Class XII.
Travel Allowance and Stipend
The selected interns from outside Delhi will be allowed ordinary second-class train fare to New Delhi and back to their place of study through the shortest route. All selected interns will be paid an amount of Rs. 8,000/- (Rupees Eight Thousand only) as a stipend.
An amount of Rs. 25,000/- will be distributed to the interns who are placed in I, II and III position in the order of merit.
How to Apply?
The ‘Application Form’ for Winter Internship Programme 2019 is available at Annexure–I in the notification below. An Undertaking Form duly filled as at Annexure-II may also be submitted.
The Application duly forwarded by HODs may please be sent by Post (any mode)/ By Hand (superscripted on the envelope “Application for WIP 2019”) to Mr. Jaimini Kumar Srivastava, Dy. Director (M&C), National Human Rights Commission, Manavadhikar Bhawan, Block-C, GPO Complex, I.N.A., New Delhi-110023.
The last date for the submission of the application is 04th November 2019 (06:00 PM).
The Final List of Selected Interns will be displayed on the NHRC website.
For any details, you may contact at Ph: 011–24663281, 24663371 (between 10.00 am to 6.00 pm on working days, i.e. Monday to Friday).