About the Organisation
Human Rights Defenders Alert – India (HRDA) is a national network of human rights defenders (HRD) in the country, initiating actions for HRDs who are under threat or with security concerns. HRDA is a platform to extend solidarity and assistance to HRDs in trouble or at risk.
Office Address: A-20, Ground Floor, Geetanjali Enclave, Shivalik Road, New Delhi – 110017.
About the Internship
HRDA is looking for four (4) interns who are keen to engage on issues concerning human rights and HRDs in India. HRDA seeks people committed to principles of human rights and willing to learn through direct engagements on a series of human rights issues.
HRDA invites applications for internships from graduates and students of human rights, law, social sciences, journalism and other relevant disciplines, based in India and abroad.
- Preparing briefs of the cases undertaken by HRDA.
- Research on issues concerning HRDs, democratic space and laws.
- Supporting litigation team with research on cases.
- Online monitoring of cases in courts and commissions.
- Drafting right to information applications.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Should be a 3rd-year student or above, in case pursuing a five-year BA LLB or a 2nd-year student or above, in case pursuing a three-year LLB course.
- A non-law student should either be a final year undergraduate or pursuing masters.
- Previous experience of interning/volunteering in the development sector, preferably human rights-related research and writing will be preferred.
Number of Vacancies
HRDA would prefer three (3) interns to be based at its New Delhi office and one (1) internship can be undertaken from a remote location.
This internship is envisaged to be for a minimum of one (1) month, which can be extended by mutual understanding. Office Timings: Monday to Friday from 10:00 AM to 06:00OPM. Saturday’s will be flexible and depending on the work.
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to learn about the work of HRDs and challenges faced by them.
- A platform to develop a more grounded understanding of challenges concerning human rights, democratic space and HRDs.
- Developing skills and methods for future engagements on human rights issues.
- A certificate acknowledging your contribution to HRDA.
There is no stipend provision for internship positions.
How to Apply?
- To apply, please email the following to hrda.internship[at]gmail.com.
- A copy of your updated resume
- A writing sample of not more than 1500 words on any subject of your choice
- The time period when you would be available for the internship
Note: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Name: Shrutika Pandey
Mobile number: 91-8709053690
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.