Consumers India invites applications for Monsoon Batch of Internship Programme Specially Designed for Outstation Students (Candidates from Delhi/NCR may also apply if they wish to pursue Internship in this mode).
Students pursuing undergraduate or graduate programme in any discipline from recognised institutions in India
Last date for receipt of complete application in prescribed format
October 7, 2014
Finalisation of selection process and communication to applicants
October 10 to 14
Date of Induction Programme in Delhi
October 18, 2014
Period of Internship
October 18 to November 30, 2014
Date of final submission of Study Report, duly approved by Mentors, along with Completion & Evaluation Report
November 30, 2014
No fee. It is free.
About Consumers India
Consumers India is a non-profit organization set up by former officers of Department of Consumer Affairs and other senior officers of Government of India, with a view to use their knowledge and experience for the benefit of consumers.Consumers India has taken up several important campaigns with a view to safeguard interests of large number of consumers.
‘Internship’ programme was launched by Consumers India for students pursuing higher education on 15th September, 2012 and seven batches have since been held.
hey have studied important consumer issues under the able guidance of experienced mentors. Several issues, highlighted by interns in their studies, have been taken up with the concerned authorities at the highest level. Details of studies undertaken by interns so far may be seen HERE.
Those willing to join this programme may email their application in prescribed format, which is given below at the earliest (Not later than October 7, 2014) to [email protected]. They may also note the above schedule.
Those who had sent their application for internship earlier are required to apply afresh for enrolment in this batch.
The form is available HERE.
Guidelines for Internship
1. Students pursuing undergraduate or graduate programme in any discipline from recognised institutions in India, having interest in consumer issues, are eligible for internship.
2. Interested candidates are required to fill up prescribed form, with complete and correct details. They are also required to give reference of at least one faculty member from their institution.
3. Their suitability for internship with Consumers India will be adjudged on the basis of their application. They will be inducted into internship if found suitable.
4. Internship Location is New Delhi.
5. There are no registration charges. It is totally free.
6. No stipend is paid to interns by Consumers India. Similarly no reimbursement of expenditure incurred on travel etc is made by Consumers India.
7. Consumers India is not responsible for any arrangements for stay etc for outstation candidates.
8. Induction Programme of half day duration will be organised at the start of the Internship Batch. After the induction process is over, the intern will be assigned a project/study to be completed by a group of 3-5 interns during the period of internship. The subject of this project/study would be decided in consultation with the intern and will be commensurate with her/his age, education and area of interest.
9. The progress of the assignment would be monitored on weekly basis. The interns residing in NCR would be expected to visit the office of Consumers India at least once a week. Outstation candidates may be permitted to pursue their internship with the help of on-line assistance provided by mentors.
10. After completion of assignment, the intern will submit a Study Report, duly approved by Mentor. He/she will also submit Completion and Evaluation Report in prescribed format.
11. In addition to above, Interns would be expected to take up voluntary assignments given by Consumers India and raise awareness regarding concerns and activities of Consumers India as per guidelines provided from time to time.
12. After successful completion of assignment, Internship Certificate will be given to the Intern by Consumers India.
13. After evaluation by experts of Consumers India, the findings emanating from such studies may be shared with the concerned authorities in State Governments, Government of India or other Institutions/Organizations. In all such communications, full credit is given to the contribution made by interns.