Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology, Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL) is making a call for internship applications from eligible law students.
About Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology
Keeping in view the broad policy of Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL) to promote research in the field of law, the Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology (CCV) has been purposefully established under the able leadership of Prof. Dr. G.S. Bajpai, Vice-Chancellor, RGNUL.
The center has been established to provide critical and necessitated focus towards fostering the objective of carrying out fundamental and applied research on the evolving aspects of the transformative criminal justice system including the dimensions of victimology and criminology as particular areas of interest.
The Centre understands and caters to the progressive and dynamic nature of the developing criminal jurisprudence in India and across the world and therefore, firmly intends to conceptualize pro-victim research, training, policy analysis, and consultancy with specifically prioritizing the aspect of interdisciplinary approach while fulfilling the desired goals.
The Centre is uniquely determined to examine, express, elucidate and expedite the systematic delivery and efficient redressal of the rights of the victim within the comprehensive criminal justice system in India so as to mitigate the hardships faced by the victims.
About the Internship
The Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice, and Victimology, RGNUL is offering an eight-week intensive internship program to undergraduate law students from various recognized law universities across the country.
The program is open for application from students enrolled in 1st to 5th year (Batch 2021-2026 to Batch 2018- 2023) in the Five-Year Integrated Course and 1st to 3rd year in the Three-Year LLB Course.
A specific number of seats in the slot are reserved for students of Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab. Therefore, students from RGNUL are strongly encouraged to apply.
The internship will be for a minimum of eight weeks in the months of August-September, 2022 and may be extended at the request of the intern only after the approval of the internship supervisor.
The internship will function on a remote working policy.
Nature of Internship
The intern will be expected to undergo intensive research during the period of the internship. The intern will be required to work on preferred research projects, and policy engagements and may assist the Centre in its day-to-day functioning.
The interns will have to submit a mandatory blog/ presentation at the conclusion of the internship on the topic relevant to their research and the broad objectives of the center.
How to Apply?
The selection for the internship shall be conducted over the successful completion of a two-step process:
- In the first stage of application, the applicants are required to fill the Application Form (given at the end of this post) recording their personal details, previous work experiences and credentials.
- The form also contains two application-based questions that the applicants are required to answer as an assessment of their critical reasoning as well as research writing skills.
- The answers shall be scrutinized for similarity with the present literature, any evidence of plagiarism above the permissible percentage shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- The questions in the form are:
- In our adversarial criminal justice system, the cardinal principle of innocent until proven guilty is ingrained in the ethos of our justice system. However, this principle gets tarnished during the media trials spewing hatred. Suggest measures for balancing the freedom of press and privacy in a criminal trial. (Max. 400 words)
- A juvenile accused is also a victim of other socio-economic factors, in light of this Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection) Act, 2015 was implemented. However, this act is not free of flaws, what are the flaws in the act and remedy to rectify them? (Max. 400 words)
- The final stage shall be an interview round of those candidates who are selected after the first stage.
- In the interview round, the candidates shall be assessed on their preliminary knowledge of the concerned discipline, their presence of mind as well as enthusiasm and interest to work with the CCV.
- Further communication and information shall be conducted with the candidates through e-mail or any other electronic platform.
NOTE: Any internship application received over email or any other medium outside the provided internship application form shall not be considered for evaluation.
Perks of the Internship
- A certificate of completion of an internship with a qualifying grade will be provided to each intern who successfully completes the eight-week internship.
- There shall be no stipend provided to any intern.
The deadline for the submission of the application is on July 20, 2022. No further extension shall be granted.
In case of queries, drop a mail at [email protected], or contact:
- Tanishq Gupta: +91 99533 04960
- Shreya Maloo: +91 96497 04902