Applications are invited for an internship opportunity in the Office of Legal Affairs of UNIDO (UN Industrial Development Organization), at the UNIDO Headquarters in Vienna, Austria.
About the Office
The Office of Legal Affairs (ODG/LEG) assists the Organization in achieving its goals by ensuring that all its activities and programmes are in accordance with the external and internal aspects of the Organization’s legal framework.
The core function of the Office consists in the provision of sound and impartial legal advice and expert legal assistance in order to promote and develop the rule of law in all aspects of UNIDO’s activities, as well as to defend the Organization’s rights, positions and interests in contractual or litigation matters.
About the Internship Opportunity
The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) is inviting applications for a legal internship opportunity at the Office of Legal Affairs.
UNIDO has resumed with the internship programme as of 1 February 2021 in a hybrid modality, with at least 50% of the internship to be carried out in the duty station.
Under the overall guidance of the Director and the direct supervision of the Legal Officer, the intern will perform the following tasks:
- Review draft international agreements, contracts and technical assistance projects;
- Review draft decisions, resolutions and other documents of the governing bodies;
- Review drafts rules of procedure, headquarters agreements and conference agreements with host governments;
- Conduct research in cases brought before the Administrative Tribunals of the International Labour Organization and in other claims against UNIDO;
- Review legal issues that arise in the course of activities of all offices of the Organization, both at UNIDO Headquarters and in the field;
- Draft reports and perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Organizational Requirements
- Age: Minimum 20 years on the first day of the internship
- Education: Enrolled in a university degree programme; or begin the internship within one year of completing a university degree; or completed a university degree and be sponsored as part of an academic or development programme
- Field of specialization: Law
- Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is an asset
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Windows, proficient use of processing tools such as MS Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required
Key competencies: We focus on people; we focus on results and responsibilities; we communicate and earn trust;p we think outside the box and innovate
It is essential that all mandatory fields on the online Personal History Form (PHF) are completed, as failure to complete the PHF would prevent the extraction of your details. In your PHF, kindly ensure to state your period of availability for this internship.
- Submit a fully completed Personal History Form
- Upload the proof of enrolment/certificate of graduation
- In the cover letter, indicate the time in which you would be available for an internship with UNIDO
- Feel free to attach supporting documents (separate CV and cover letter, reference letter, language certificate, etc.)
3-6 working months
UNIDO Headquarters in Vienna, Austria
Requests for further information should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for the official information.
Disclaimer: Internship experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus' official views on the internship.