About the Opportunity
NIUA or National Institute of Urban Affairs is offering internship opportunity to graduates and post-graduates, under the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs’ AMRUT Mission launched in 2015.
Established in 1976, the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) is a premier institute of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India, for research and capacity building for the urban sector in India. NIUA’s broad objective is to bridge the gap between research and practice on issues related to urbanization. For more than 40 years now, NIUA has been the vanguard for contributing to and building the urban narrative for a fast-evolving urban India. The Institute has been actively working on bringing forth key areas of concern for urban India in order to build the urban discourse at various urban scales.
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has launched the AMRUT Mission in 2015 which focuses on various reforms and capacity building of the ULBs. The reforms aim at improvement in service delivery, mobilization of resources, and making municipal functioning more transparent and functionaries more accountable.
Under the AMRUT Mission, one of the reforms is to undertake the revision of State Building Bye-Laws along with the introduction of a Single Window System for plan approvals. Implementation of OBPS in the North Eastern States and UT’s would enhance the ease of doing business (EoDB) with approval of the building plans, of different categories of land use, through automated scrutiny and computerized system.
This system includes permission systems for new constructions, completion of the building, occupancy certification, etc. This would promote easy, hassle-free clearances by the external and internal agencies in a seamless and integrated manner, without any physical interface, and lead to transparent, speedy, hassle-free, and user-friendly scrutiny of building plans.
Number of Positions
Role and Responsibilities
The intern will get the opportunity to be part of the PMU team of OBPS at NIUA to operationalize the visionary Online Building Permission System in the Northeast state of India. The intern will be deputed under the supervision of the Program Manager with the following tasks:
- Research and benchmark strategies & practices in digital transformation in urban governance
- Develop the communication strategy of OBPS
- Supporting creative designing partners with content, design, website, etc.
- Engage in brainstorming ideas for the data analysis, dashboards
- Regular communication with partners and provide support
- Organizing, attending, and making presentations at meetings, consultations, webinars, and events.
- The intern will also provide the necessary support to Head, OBPS for analytics, documentation, independent assessment, visualization, or any other related activities including reports, posters, dossiers, etc.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in computer science, communications, management, development studies, urban planning, architecture, or other closely related fields (currently pursuing or recently completed)
- Should be a fresher with 0-2 years of work experience/ mandated by an educational institution to carry out an internship as part of the curriculum
- Preferably, provide a dossier of relevant work experience by way of URLs, etc.
Location of Internship
NIUA, New Delhi
Submit CV and cover letter through NIUA portal. Please clearly mention the project’s name in the subject line.
Thursday, 31 December 2020
Click here to find complete information about the opportunity.
More posts that you might be interested in
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.