Name of the Student, College, Year of Study
Kanta Chouhan, 4th Year, 5-Year Law College, University Of Rajasthan, Jaipur.
Name and Full Address of the Organization
Gujarat Grassroots Innovation Augmentation Network (Giandoot), Mansi Cross Road, Judges Bungalow Rd, Satellite Jayma Society, Satellite, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, 380015
Duration of Internship
1-month internship, From 25th January 2021 to 25th February 2021
Mode of Internship
It was an online internship.
About the Organization
Prof. Anil K. Gupta is the founder of the organization and Dr. Anamika Day is the C.E.O. This Organization was set up in march, 1997 which was supported by the government of Gujarat too. It is India’s first technology business incubator which mainly focuses on the commercialization and incubation of grassroots innovations.
How to Apply?
I applied through a google form which was circulated in our college group however, you can apply through their website too.
First Day Formalities
After my acceptance of application I got an email stating about the same. And then in the evening, all the selected candidates and honorary members of the organization had a call on zoom. Where we were welcomed and we were made aware of the duties and the purpose of this organization.
1) The internship started with the allotment of unique codes to each intern through an official WhatsApp group and emails. Then, we were asked to fill a form where we had to submit our personal information for future references.
2) Our internship started with the task of scouting and documentation, where we had to submit 5-10 grassroots innovations which we might have found on newspapers or on any website or in the nearby areas. We had to submit the full name of the innovator, the name of innovation, the image of innovation and such other details. Each day outstanding scouters were announced which was really motivating.
3) We were followed with regular calls, messages, and emails despite being an online internship full exposure was given to us. We could make queries anytime and everything was thoroughly professional.
4) At the end of internship, we were asked to draft various forms for the innovators who could apply for grants and any other aid needed for their innovation by filling those forms. And we received our internship certification via posts and soft copies of the same were also provided.
- In these covid times being able to work from the comfort of our homes is the biggest perk of this internship.
- They usually provide on field internship but made specual arrangement of online internship keeping in mind the pandemic.
- Internship Certificate.
- Quick response to queries.
- Thorough Professionalism.
- Researching on various innovations.
- Drafting forms.
- Most importantly, providing assistance to grassroot innovators which is really motivating.
No such bad thing but I wanted to go for on-field work and look closely how the organization works.
No such stipend as it was all about getting exposure and learning new things.
Overall experience was good, and the most fascinating thing about this internship was that anyone from any field could apply under this internship and for the law students they can apply in the patent filing section which provides you really good exposure.
If you wish to share an internship experience, fill the form here.
If you wish to write for us, or have a story to share, write to us at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: We do not edit the internship experience submitted to maintain the originality of the intern’s experience.
Disclaimer: Internship experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus' official views on the internship.