Name, College and Year
Harsh Kumar Singh, 3rd year, JEMTEC School of Law, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
Name of the organisation and city
Yuva’s Niti Manthan, situated in Delhi.
Location and number of interesting students
The main office of Yuva is situated in Central Delhi.
I got to know about this internship from one of my friends. I sent an email to nitimanthan[at]gmail.com.
I got my confirmation mail after 10 days. Getting an internship is easy, provided one displays excitement and eagerness to learn. The application for the internship is followed up by a telephonic interview.
Duration of internship
I interned for 4 weeks in June 2019. Timings are from 11 am to 5 pm.
However, in case of some urgent work you can notify the project leader about the same and get relaxation for coming late.
Since I stay in Delhi NCR, therefore, accommodation for me was not an issue. However, Laxmi Nagar is nearby where one can get affordable PGs.
First impression, first-day formalities.
The first day we had to report to the coordinator of YUVA Mr. Nitish Rai Parwani.
- On the first day, we had an orientation session by Mr. Rajneesh, convenor of Yuva in which he emphasised upon the importance of an internship, how an internship builds a robust foundation which enables one to better understand the nuances of the theory that we learn in college.
- Lecture by a family court judge on feminism in which she narrated her personal experience.
- Lecture by the Ministry of Environment on Solid Waste Management Rules in which I got to know the initiatives undertaken by UOI to curb the menace of solid waste.
- Lecture on RTI 2009, the procedure to file RTI, the procedure to file an appeal and the exceptions under which the information sort can be denied.
- Nitish Rai Parwani, In charge of Niti Manthan, took daily lectures on CRPC & Evidence Act to teach us the practical aspects of the law. His lectures were lively and laced with humour, thereby making the learning process fun and interesting.
- Lecture by Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh officials on the proposed labour code bill. We had an enlightening discussion on the challenges faced by the labour workforce when it comes to ensuring compliance of contemporary labour laws.
In my internship, I was made to research on Street Vendors Act, 2014 & Right of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016. I also surveyed and photographed markets under North Delhi Municipal Corporation for the purpose of assessing their ‘accessibility’ for the visually impaired and physically challenged.
I learnt about a catena of laws, carried out fieldwork and got to interact with many students belonging to the different nook & corners of the country. Overall it was an enlightening and enriching experience.
The bad thing was no transport facility was provided for the field visit.
Overall experience was amazing, I would recommend everyone to intern under this organization at least once.