Student Name, College and Year of Study
Sahil Thakur, Law College Dehradun, Uttaranchal University
Name of the Organisation
Rural Litigation & Entitlement Kendra (RLEK), Dehradun, Uttrakhand, India
01st July 2018 to 31st July 2018
Apply by CV and bonafide certificate and mail it at [email protected]
First Day Formalities Initial Impressions
On the first day, documentary work is done. In which we have to submit our CV and bonafide certificate to them. After that, a booklet is provided which is about the past achievements and work of the organization.
- You have to Prepare an assignment or project on any project you want.
- You have to deliver lectures to underprivileged people on topics as directed by them.
- You have to read the booklet and get an idea of everything they had done in past.
- I got to meet Van Gujjar community. Humbled to see their lifestyle.
- Got chance to deliver lectures and express my views on underprivileged sections of the society.
- Hostel Facility was good.
- People here are very supportive and are always ready to help you.
- RLEK is a good place to intern in the initial years of your course. It provides us with a basic knowledge of using our fundamental rights.
Work here is not disseminated, you need to ask for the work. Reading time is more than practical fieldwork.
Accommodation is provided by the NGO for that you have to pay extra. The accommodation facility includes food also.
My co-interns were very encouraging, competitive, knowledgeable in the working hours. But after the working hours, I haven’t met such fun-loving, enthusiastic and friendly people. We all usually hang out in beautiful places in Dehradun.