Student Name, College and Year of Study
Kartik Agarwal, Gujarat National Law University, 5th Year
Name of the Organisation, City and State
RegStreet Law Advisors, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
10th June 2019 to 02nd August 2019
Apply by sending a mail on [email protected] along with a cover letter and CV.
If selected, you will be required to fill a questionnaire, after which you will be informed of the selection. Your mail will mention the reporting time. It is advisable to opt for a long term internship.
First Day Formalities Initial Impressions
The best way to make a good initial impression is to be up to date with the corporate and securities law-related news as well as the basics of corporate and securities law.
The tasks mainly include research on:
- SEBI Act, SCRA Act, Regulations thereunder and Companies Act.
- Regular visits to SAT and NCLT.
- Writing and assisting with articles published by the firm.
- Attending client calls and client meetings.
- Interns are made aware of the complete problem, which gives them a fair sense of the problem as well as clarity on the research proposition.
- The partner is also a visiting faculty at GLC, and the interns are allowed to accompany him, which is a great learning opportunity.
- The office encourages asking questions.
- Both, the Partner as well as the associates are extremely encouraging and very approachable. The office is very accommodating.
- Interns are encouraged and expected to read the news and be updated about the current happenings.
None as such
I stayed at a PG nearby, which there are many. There are shared cabs available from Churchgate Station.
Office hours can get long (12-14 hours). While it could be tiring, the kind of work and the people make up for it. The team often goes out for dinner and outings.