Name and Year
Aalisha Sharma, 4th Year BLS LLB (Hons.)
Name and Address
RegStreet Law Advisors, 507, Embassy Centre, Nariman Point, Mumbai-400 021, Maharashtra, India.
Duration: April 1st, 2019 – 30th April 2019
One can apply by emailing their CV with a short cover letter at info[at]regsla.com.
If your CV is shortlisted, you’ll be sent a questionnaire and then the further decision of the firm regarding the internship selection shall be notified accordingly.
Infrastructure, First-day Formalities and First Impression
The office is compact yet spacious with a good collection of law books and a pantry. The interns are asked to report at 10.30 am and are provided with a work desk with a computer and other required stationery.
The interns are introduced to the associates and are given the opportunity to interact with the Managing Partner on the first day itself. Once settled, the work starts flowing in.
The firm basically deals in Securities, Financial and Regulatory Law.
The main task involves extensive research in matters involving Company Law, SEBI Act, SEBI Rules and Regulations, IRDA, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, etc.
Assisting the associates in various matters, preparing a summary of the SEBI Orders and frequent visits to the Securities Appellate Tribunal.
- The extensive research work helps in gaining immense exposure and knowledge of the Securities and Capital Market.
- The firm not only deals with securities law but also company law, insurance regulations and RBI to name a few, so the quality of work is diverse and not just restricted to one field.
- The team is a small one which works as an advantage as for the interns as there is always work on hands.
- The Managing Partner and the associates are extremely helpful and approachable at all given point.
- The interns are treated as a part of the firm and due credit is given to their work.
There are no bad things as such and even if any, the work environment and the atmosphere compensate for everything.
Accommodation and Commuting to the office
I live in Mumbai so accommodation was not a problem for me.
The firm is a 15-20 minute walk from the Churchgate Station and there are share cabs right outside the station which drops one at the Embassy centre.