Name of the Student, College and Year of Study
Deeksha, Geeta Institution Of Law, Panipat, BBA LLB (Hons), 2 Year
Name of the Organisation, City and State
Punjab State Human Rights Commission (PSHRC), Chandigarh
Duration of the internship
10 June 2019 to 10 July 2019
Duration of the Internship
10 June 2019 To 10 July 2019
Schedule for filling the application
Application for Internship can be filled in the in two (2) phases i.e. During summer and winter.
- In Summer: Application can be filled in the month of May.
- In Winter: Application can be filled in the month of June.
PBHRC starts the internship program in the month of June in summer and in the month of December or January in winter.
Required documents for Application/ contract details.
Interns have to submit the following details in order to fill the application for internship.
- Copy of 10th and 12th mark sheet.
- College ID proof.
- Reason for joining PSHRC.
- Recommendation letter from the head of the department.
- Latest C.V.
- Passport size photograph.
These details can be sent via e-mail (pshrc.chd[at]gmail.com) Or personally at sector 34-a Chandigarh. After selection interns are invited to join the commission on the particular state.
First impression first day formalities, infrastructure
- My first impression of the commission was very informative & excellent.
- We were guided meticulously about our jobs.
- One the first day were asked to mark our attendance & then each and every intern Punjab state.
- Introduced themselves.
- Get knowledge about &Human rights and working of the Human rights commission.
- At first, we were divided into different groups with each group consisting of 9-10 members.
- Our main tasks were to read the complaint received by the commission.
- After a thorough reading, we had to analyse whether the complaint was within our jurisdiction & according to that, we had to put a form. On the complaint.
- Green form if the complaint was within our jurisdiction, link form if the complaint is being received for the second time.
- Apart from that, we had really informative defeats discussions. On the current issues, case laws etc.
- In the end, two were given research work for 2 weeks.
- The best thing for me is to gain knowledge from the great officers in PSHRC.
- All the member staff are cooperative with all of us.
- This conference room was spacious. Projector screens are also available for showing video clips.
- We had low students from different colleges and university as this helped me to polish up my link too.
I don’t have any such bad experience to discuss in this section.
Monday to Friday from 9:30 AM to 1:00 PM
Working environment & People
The work environment was quite relaxed. People were good and collaborative.
Biggest a law student it helped me to have practical knowledge. About the functioning of the commission and I want to suggest to others that they must join this commission they feel suitable for them.