Name, Current Year of Study & College
Name of the Organization and Its Full Address
Name of the Organization
KAYLEGAL & ASSOCIATES
About KAYLEGAL & ASSOCIATES
Kay Legal & Associates LLP, established in 2011 and provides multi-service facilities to their clients. The firm is situated in Mumbai. The firm has expanded its operation to Delhi as well as Pune.
The vision of the law firm is to create an outstanding atmosphere of professional and legal comfort that provides practical, simplified and implementable solutions which recognizes the importance of client service and satisfaction.
Official site https://kaylegal.com/#.
Practice areas of KAYLEGAL & ASSOCIATES
The firm majorly focuses on these practice areas
- Medico-Legal Laws
- Intellectual property
- Employment and Labour laws
- Corporate Laws
Mode of Internship
Duration of Internship and Timings
6th January 2021- 6th February 2021. As it was a virtual internship the hours of work were flexible.
Skills required in an intern before they apply for this internship
- Good researching skills.
- Knowledge of various areas of laws in which the firm practices.
- Fluency in speaking English.
To apply for the internship at KAYLEGAL & ASSOCIATES one has to send their resume at email@example.com. After that you would receive a call from their associate in 10-15 days of the application.
A small interview would be conducted which would last for 5-10 minutes. If you clear that interview you would receive confirmation mail about the internship from them.
First Day Formalities
As the internship was a virtual one there was a zoom meeting that was organized where I was told to introduce myself after which I was assigned a mentor who would allocate me work and I was only supposed to report to the mentor. They created a separate email Id for me and was told to submit my assignments only from that email Id.
As it was a virtual internship I stayed at home. However, for physical interns they can stay in a PG. There are people in the nearby areas of the law firm who are willing to provide PG facilities to students.
As I was doing a virtual internship I was mainly given research work involving various provisions of medico-legal laws, Intellectual property and corporate laws.
I was also told to research case laws on various areas. Further I was told to research various contemporary topics in the areas which firm practices.
During the internship the mentor that was allotted to me was very polite and humble. There wasn’t be any deferential treatment and I was motivated to do better. I could manage my college studies and internship work.
Quick and effective review was given on the work that I submitted which helped me to rectify my errors.
- The law firm doesn’t offer a stipend to law students.
- As it was a virtual internship I never got a chance to have an interaction with the founding and the managing partner at KAYLEGAL & ASSOCIATES.
- There would be some days you won’t be given work at all.
Drawbacks of doing a virtual internship at Key Legal & Associates
- Limited opportunity to network with people of the firm.
- The work that would be allotted would either be through a telephonic conversation or via watsapp message therefore there is a lack of connect which sometimes affects your understanding of the work that is allotted.
- Virtual interns are allotted mostly research work and very limited drafting work.
- In virtual internship interns aren’t provided the opportunity to accompany the members of the firm in a Virtual Court proceedings.
- In physical Internship the interns get the opportunity to explore popular areas of Mumbai which are nearby to the firm. In a virtual internship there is no travelling which is another enriching element of a physical Internship.
Therefore I would urge the interns who are reading my internship experience to do a physical internship at KAYLEGAL & ASSOCIATES if they can. In a physical internship the level of understanding and knowledge the interns would receive is way more than what is received during a virtual internship.
Things learned during the Internship
- Importance of professionalism and completing work on time.
- Improvement in my research skills and knowledge of various laws and provisions.
- Understanding the importance of eagerness to work the mentor won’t allocate you work until and unless you ask for it.
- Understood the importance of submitting quality work.
If you wish to share an internship experience, fill the form here.
Disclaimer: We do not edit the internship experience submitted to maintain the originality of the intern’s experience.
Disclaimer: Internship experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus' official views on the internship.