Full name of the Judge, College and Year of Study
Hon’ble Justice Nilu Agrawal, Patna High Court, Bihar
Student Name, College and Year of Study
ALOK ABHINAV, BIHAR INSTITUTE OF LAW, PATNA, 3rd Year
20th June 2018 to 16th July 2019
We are supposed to submit an updated CV with application to the Establishment of Patna High Court along with a recommendation letter one month prior to the internship period.
First Day Formalities Initial Impressions
Internship at the chamber of Justice is equivalent to a legal assistant, we are supposed to observe court proceedings and help in research work for any case. There is a separate sitting arrangement for interns in the courtroom along with proper access to computer software and judges library.
The PA of Hon’ble Nilu mam took me to the chamber of lordships and introduced me and explained my job profile and my sitting arrangements and timings.
We are supposed to observe court proceedings and help in research work for any case. There is a separate sitting arrangement for interns in the courtroom along with proper access to computer software and judges library.
Apart from using secret corridors to enter the courtroom and using judges library, you get to hear all constitutional arguments from many learned senior advocates every helpful for those having a keen interest in constitutional law.
- Improve and refine your analytical, research, communication, skills
- Gain exposure to a breadth of constitutional law;
- Engage in a strong, supportive mentoring relationship with a judge;
- Gain a unique perspective on how judges think and how chambers and courtrooms operate;
- Learn the difference between good and bad advocacy from reading briefs and watching oral arguments and assessing their effects on judicial decisionmaking;
- Become a member of an active network of legal assistants;
- Also, you become pro in searching accurate case laws from various software like SCC and AIR as the lordships always
- Requires on-point judicial precedents for a particular case.
Only one Computer is alloted for all the legal Assistants and interns as the result most of the times it is occupied by some senior legal assistants.
Patna is my Hometown.
Ma’am gifted me a BCI diary.
Disclaimer: Internship experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus' official views on the internship.