Student Name, College and Year of Study
Siddharth Alok, Galgotias University, Greater Noida, 4th Year
Name of the Judge, City and State
Hon’ble Justice Mohit Kumar Shah, Patna High Court, Bihar
06th January 2020 to 22nd January 2020
We are supposed to submit an updated CV with application to the Establishment of Patna High Court along with a recommendation letter one month prior to the internship period.
First Day Formalities Initial Impressions
Internship at the Chamber of Justice is equivalent to a legal assistant, we are supposed to observe court proceedings and help in research work for any case. There is a separate sitting arrangement for interns in the courtroom along with proper access to computer software and judges library.
The PA of Hon’ble Shah sir took me to the chamber of lordships and introduced me and explained my job profile and my sitting arrangements and timings.
We are supposed to observe court proceedings and help in research work for any case. There is a separate sitting arrangement for interns in the courtroom along with proper access to computer software and judges library.
Apart from using secret corridors to enter the courtroom and using judges library, you get to hear all criminal arguments from many learned senior advocates every helpful for those having a keen interest in Criminal Law.
- Improve and refine your analytical, research, communication, skills.
- Gain exposure to a breadth of Criminal Law.
- Engage in a strong, supportive mentoring relationship with a judge.
- Gain a unique perspective on how judges think and how chambers and courtrooms operate.
- Learn the difference between good and bad advocacy from reading briefs and watching oral arguments and assessing their effects on judicial decision making.
- Become a member of an active network of legal assistants.
- Also, you become pro in searching accurate case laws from various software like SCC and AIR as the lordship always requires on-point judicial precedents for a particular case.
Time taken to issue pass was way too long due to the security of Judges, and issuing the pass to intern under Hon’ble took place under many stages. So, unless you have the pass, you cannot even visit the corridors of the court.
Patna is my Hometown.
Sir treated me very well and also offered me to had a coffee with him.
Disclaimer: Internship experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus' official views on the internship.