Student Name, College and Year of Study
Name of the Organisation, State and City
Dhuparr & Associates, Delhi & NCR, Delhi
17th December 2018 to 17th January 2019
Saw the invitation for Internship over LawOctopus and applied on the given email ID.
First Day Formalities Initial Impressions
There was a normal introduction session to all the interns and associates. The office is at Sagar apartments, Tilak Marg, New Delhi, 110001, one of the poshest area of New Delhi. The top-Notch lawyers have offices in and near this area. The infrastructure is modern and well equipped with all the facilities available.
We were assigned research work on a daily basis, we had to submit a report on the same by the end of the day, on some days we had to study cases and brief them, Whenever a new issue or new laws came into existence we were asked to interpret according to our understanding and brief them as well.
It was quite useful and gave us great exposure to the things happening around us which encouraged our ability to interpret and understand the new laws.
This internship helped me gain knowledge and skill which I had not experienced or learned before. Ma’am has done LLM in Competition Law from Queen’s College.
She is very efficient in her field and makes sure every person working under her learns and grows professionally. She ensured that each person was assigned proper work, as per their abilities, in which her partner Rohan Sir guided and helped us personally, he clarified doubts and corrected mistakes.
They not only taught us as teachers and seniors but also proved to be mentors in times of doubt and need. Every person working in the office is very helpful and friendly, which encourages interns to clarify their doubts and solve any problems that they face while working.
Points that summarize the experience:
- You get to work directly under the owners/partners of the firm.
- It is a start-up boutique law firm so interns used to get a lot of exposure.
- The firm helped the start-ups with compliance with the laws applicable to them, so the interns also got a chance to learn and experience the laws related to start-ups in India and abroad.
There is nothing bad with the internship but sometimes we had to be in the office till 9 pm if there was the workload.
the most efficient and hardworking interns were given a stipend of Rs. 2,500. Whereas, Every intern is given a certificate at the end of the internship.
The office premises are in a prime location, hence reaching the office was easy; The nearest metro station is Mandi House from which, it is a 10 minutes walk to the office.
- Khyati Ma’am was very generous and she treated her interns to lunches almost every day. She used to have her lunch with the interns trying to get to know and understand them, We also used to chat on latest topics, changing laws which ultimately helped us get in touch with current affairs and expanded our knowledge.
- On special occasions, like Christmas, Ma’am got cakes and icecreams for everyone in the office and we all had a little party to enjoy the occasion.
- I also had an opportunity to go to a live session of parliament as Ma’am knows and works with people of value and power.
- Everyone there was very friendly and nice, the associates there were very understanding.