Name, College, Year of Study, Email ID
Rahul Ranjan, Lloyd Law College, 2nd Year
Name of Organization
Office of Advocate Pinky Anand, Additional Solicitor General of India
Location City: The office is located at A-126, second floor, Neeti Bagh, New Delhi (Nearest Metro station- Green Park)
I had applied 4-5 months in advance via an email to internshipasgofficepa[at]gmail.com and I received a confirmation a week before the start of the internship.
Duration of Internship and timings
2nd Jan to 30th Jan, 10:00 am to 8:00 am
First impression, first day formalities, infrastructure
On my first day, I was introduced to all the associates which were followed by our introduction specifying our name, college name and other details. One was required to carry their own laptop .
Everyone is approachable, no formalities as such, you get assigned work within your first hour at the office. The office space extends to the whole of the third floor which is two flats. There are multiple shelves full of books which were extremely useful over the course of my Internship.
- Extensive research work on various topics (Arbitration and Conciliation Act, Contract Act, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code etc).
- Helping Associates with drafting, filing and Case law research.
- Compiling documents, making brief notes and list of dates and events.
- Research and drafting are primary tasks. I researched topics pertaining to Indirect Taxation, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, Companies Act, Management Act and Arbitration.
Work environment and people
The work environment was very good. Everyone in the office was friendly and always ready to help. I had my internship under the Associates Kirti Dua Ma’am and Tanisha Ma’am they both are very cooperative and helpful.
They are a lot in number, the words are not enough but some of them are:
- The best thing here was that the work environment was very friendly. Everyone in the firm is very friendly and helpful. You can ask any doubts whenever you want and everyone will be ready there to help you. The experience here was different than my
earlier internships as it emphasized the practical aspects of law and its implementation.
- The one major advantage interning here is that it helped me in sharpening up my researching skills as I got the maximum amount of research work and also learning various other acts which are not being taught in the college.
“Forget what hurt you in the past, but never forget what it taught you. However, if it taught you to hold onto grudges, seek revenge, not forgive or show compassion, to categorize people as good or bad, to distrust and be guarded with your feelings then you didn’t learn a thing.
God doesn’t bring you lessons to close your heart. He brings you lessons to open it, by developing compassion, learning to listen, seeking to understand instead of speculating, practicing empathy and developing conflict resolution through communication. If he brought you perfect people, how would you ever learn to spiritually evolve?”
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: Internship experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus' official views on the internship.