United World School of Law 3rd year Sem 6
1st December to 28th December 2017 (4 weeks)
How to apply
We are supposed to submit an updated CV to the registrar general of Gujarat High Court along with a recommendation letter one month prior to the internship period.
10:30 TO 5 (Court hours). May be extended if any work is allotted.
Job profile of an intern at chamber of Chief Justice is equivalent to a legal assistant, we are supposed to observe court proceedings and help in research work for any case.There is a separate sitting arrangement for interns in the court room along with proper access to computer software and judges library.
The head of protocol Gujarat High Court Mr. Raveendran Sir took me to the chamber of lordships and introduced me and explained my job profile and my sitting arrangements and timings.
Apart from using secret corridors to enter the court roomand using judges library ,you get to hear all constitutional arguments from many learned senior advocates every helpful for those having keen interest in constitutional law.
- Improve and refine your analytical, research, communication, skills
- Gain exposure to a breadth of constitutional law;
- Engage in a strong, supportive mentoring relationship with a judge;
- Gain a unique perspective on how judges think and how chambers and courtrooms operate;
- Learn the difference between good and bad advocacy from reading briefs and watching oral arguments and assessing their effects on judicial decisionmaking;
- Become a member of an active network of legal assistants;
Also you become pro in searching accurate case laws from various software like SCC and AIR as the lordships always requires an on point judicial precedents for a particular case.
Only one Computer is alloted for all the legal Assistants and interns as the result most of the times it is occupied by some senior legal assistants.
This was an unpaid internship.
Disclaimer: Internship experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus' official views on the internship.