Your Name, College, Year of Study, Email ID
Yash Varmani, Campus Law Centre, Delhi University, 2nd Year
Name of Organisation, Location city, Team Strength
Chambers of Senior Advocate KTS Tulsi, Supreme Court of India. 20 people in the team.
I took out the email ID of Sir from his facebook account and sent my CV to him along with a Cover Letter.
Duration of internship and timings
First impression, first day formalities, infrastructure
1. We were asked to show the email confirmation that we got for the internship.
2. We were shown the office around and were asked to sit in the room assigned to all the interns (the conference room).
1. Research on the issues given to you by the Associates.
2. Go to different Courts for clerical stuff (very important to know such stuff).
Work environment and people
Everybody in the office is warm and friendly, however they expect a lot of professionalism from you. So be on your best always.
1. The Moot Competitions organised in which Sir himself judges.
2. Research on latest criminal cases, not to mention all the cases are high profile.
3. The feeling of interning under a Member of Parliament.
4. Sir having lunch with the interns and associates on daily basis.
5. Free lunch 😀
1. No drafting, probably because the interns are supposed to be amateur as far as drafting is concerned.
2. Sometimes, you may be scolded badly for committing a mistake without anybody realizing that you are still a student.
1. Always focus on the Law and don’t go beyond that.
2. Don’t shy away from putting forth your point even if the Judge is a high profile person.
3. Speak with confidence and be professional throughout the time you are present in office.
I live in Delhi and used to travel via Metro, his office is quite near to the Metro Station.
9:30 – 8:30. The timings are pretty strict. Don’t get late here, he is pretty punctual.
Disclaimer: Internship experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus official views on the internship.