Your Name, College, Year of Study, Email ID
Bhavya Gupta, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh, 3rd Year
Name of Organisation, Location city, Team Strength
Centre for Legislative Research and Advocacy, New Delhi [CLRA]
Application Process with contact details
1. Apply for internship directly to Mr. Vinod Bhanu via mail.
2. The response shall be mailed back by him
Centre for Legislative Research and Advocacy (CLRA)
C/o IMPF, 173, North Avenue, New Delhi – 110001
Phone no. :011-23092911
E-mail: [email protected] and [email protected]
Duration of internship and timings
5th June – 5th July 2016.
First impression, first day formalities, infrastructure
1. Orientation Session
2. Brief about the working
4. The first impression was really impressive
5. Infrastructure is good as well.
1. Work for the Member of Parliaments
2. Prepared questions for Question Session of the Parliament
3. I did research on the The Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, commonly referred to as the NDPS Act.
4. I prepared a private member bill on NDPS Act.
Work environment and people
The working environment was great as we got to learn a lot and a lot of things as I have mentioned above.
The mentors and the interns were great to be associated with.
In whole, it was a great ambiance to learn and gain as much knowledge as possible.
The best things were:
1. The timings
2. The diversity of people I met from South India, North-East and Dehi, ofcourse.
Quite a lot of socializing and outings with the new made friends.
The only bad thing was that the Parliament was not in session,then.
So, we didn’t get to experience the practicality but we actually worked.
For me, it was that working for the Parliament is not that boring especially when you have a good bunch of associates.
It was a different experience and I got to explore my interests.
Stayed in a PG which was about 5 Kms from CLRA @ 10,000/- for the month.
The timings were really flexible.
We used to go at 10:30 am and come back at 4:30 pm.