Name of the organisation. City. Office Address. How was the office? Team strength.
Bhasin and Co. (Lalit Bhasin’s office), New Delhi.
Address: Hailey Road. The office is on the tenth floor and is sequentially divided into Mr. Bhasin’s office, the Partner’s office space, the lowly Associate’s working space and the Old Conference Room where Interns are usually kept in and forgotten about.
I interacted with a choiced few people, but the strength should be around 15-16 people.
Duration in weeks. Days of work per week. Timings.
4 weeks. Monday to Saturday. 10 am to 7pm. But flexible, you can come late and leave early too.
First impression, first day, formalities
First day was probably the only day I was acknowledged.
The usual introduction apart, I was asked to sit in the “Old Conference Room” (which is old because it has old and musty books and not swanky enough to meet clients in. They have a new conference room also which we were asked to use sometimes, as long as we didn’t touch anything.)
In my four weeks at Bhasin and Co. all I did was:
1. Prepare questions for cross examination for a matter settled in 2007 (Yes you heard that right, settled and well and truly over 6 years ago)
2. Help arrange the library books (Because a law student will know that AIR 1969 comes before AIR 1970)
3. Punctuate a memo (Because associates are to busy for these little things)
4. Address envelopes
5. Read an NDA and return it back to the associate
6. Minor research work on Contracts (without internet – can only use AIR manuals from 1947 to 2001, kept in the old conference room)
Work environment, people
The people forgot I was there, sitting and waiting for some work in the old conference room.
I was always thrown out during lunch time since the clerk bhaiya people wanted to eat in the old conference room, so I had to roam around, twiddling thumbs outside in the scorching heat. Need I say more?
The best things AND the bad things
Best Thing : I have crazy high temple run scores now
Bad thing : The internship
Accommodation etc. What did you to do chill in and around the office and the place of stay?
I stayed in a PG at Barakhamba road. The office is walking distance from there. So is CP. Have fun in CP.
Disclaimer: Internship experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus official views on the internship.