Your Name, College, Year of Study
Abhishek Rajpurohit, Jaipur National University, 2nd year
Name of Organization, City
Ashok Tejwani and associates, Rajasthan High Court and Session Court, Ajmer (Raj.)
268, K.K.Colony, Malusar Road, Ajmer.
We personally met Mr. Ashok Tejwani and had a talk with him in regard to internship under him. You can also contact – 9413993131
Duration of internship and timings
It was for 30 days. [01 July to 30 July]
First impression, first day formalities, infrastructure
On first day we were asked to give our introduction. Then we were given some case files to study and told to visit the respected court to watch proceedings of different cases.
- Prepared a legal notice on behalf of client related to dishonor of cheque
- Prepared a written statement on behalf of client.
- Prepared written arguments in two different matters to relate to claims in life insurance.
- Drafted replies in matter related criminal case.
- Studied claim petitions in relation to consumer protection and insurance claims.
- Assisted the associates in various matters and observed court proceedings in the lower and session court of Ajmer.
- Reading the cases and to watch the proceedings of the court.
- Assist the lawyer in arranging documents and visiting with him to different court proceedings.
- Legal research and drafting.
- I also learned how to draft a predictive office memo.
- Learned how facts are put forward at district court level.
Work environment and people
Ajmer District Court is a very busy court and people around are professional. The environment was good and you could learn a lot about behavior of a lawyer. The lawyers were always ready to help you when they had time. Working environment was good.
We were called upon to court every day and there the environment was somewhat serious and learning one. The people we met there were coordinating and helpful. They helped us at every point of time when we need.
I learned all the necessary requirements which need to be fulfilled before starting a legal suit. The court campus had a big library which was also very helpful.
Best thing was that it was our first experience in the courts and we were guided at everyplace and also were given case studies to study and then were allowed to see its proceedings in the respected courts.
Biggest lesson was in relation to the framing of case files. As we were taught how to prepare a case file and to submit it in the court.