Your Name, College, Year of Study, Email ID
Name of Organisation, Location city, Team Strength
Anil Sharma and Advocates, Tax Law Firm, 5 People in the team.
You may send your CV along with a nice, short and crispy Cover Letter to Mr. Sankalp Anil Sharma (Managing Partner) on [email protected]
Duration of internship and timings
4th July, 2016 – 31st July, 2016
First impression, first day formalities, infrastructure
The firm has a small and nice office in Karol Bagh at walking distance from Jhandewalan Metro Station.
No first day formalities as such, however, the Managing Partner (who is quite young and nice) takes your interview on first day.
1. Prepare appeals to be submitted before the Commissioner of Income Tax (Appeal) and Income Tax Appellate Tribunal.
2. Visit ITAT and Income Tax Department for getting the clerical job done (very important to know such stuff).
Work environment and people
1. The work environment is chilled because of the Principal being so young and chilled out.
2. People are great, the principal as well as the office staff are friendly and welcoming.
1. You get to see how the Income Tax Department functions and that too so closely that you don’t feel like an intern.
2. The Principal too doesn’t treat you as an intern, he gives you work and expects the professionalism of a Lawyer only.
3. You get to make representations before the Commissioner of Income Tax (if you are lucky and good) and this is a very big opportunity for an Intern.
1. Start behaving like a professional from the very first day of joining Law School.
2. No shortcut to hard work.
3. Don’t neglect the business side of Law and market yourself too.
I stay in West Delhi and the Firm is in Karol Bagh which is quite near to my house.
10-6. Timings are relaxed, however, you may have to go to the High Court or Income Tax Appellate Tribunal in the morning.