Advocate Zaman Ali, Mumbai invites applications for internships from Law Students for a minimum period of 2 months.
The work will cover litigation work in the field of environmental law, social justice, criminal and other civil/criminal works before the Bombay High Court, Supreme Court, district courts/magistrate’s courts and various Tribunals such as the NGT, NCLT, DRT, DRAT, etc.
The interns will be expected to extensively assist in drafting, reviewing reports and provide analysis with research for cases at Trial and High courts. The interns will be further expected to assist in client counselling and participate in strategy meetings with clients and senior lawyers.
Interested candidates should be based in Mumbai and willing to dedicate a minimum of 7 hours daily.
Stipend will be given as per qualification.
Qualifications and Skills
1. 3rd/ 4th/ or 5th-year law student of 5 year integrated course and law student of any year from the 3 year course.
2. Earlier interned with legal networks, practising advocates or civil society organisations.
3. Good communication skills in English, Hindi & Marathi.
4. Proficiency with MS Office, database management and other computer applications.
5. Comfortable in conducting field research and site visits.
6. Flexible and cooperative attitude to work.
How to apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following:
1. Your CV
2. A covering letter explaining your suitability for the post and addressing each of the requirements set out above, stating where you gained the qualifications, experience, skills and knowledge whether within formal or informal settings.
3. And a writing sample (no more than two pages) of your original work on any subject.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.