Advocate Mani Prakash, Mumbai invites applications for internships.
The work pertains to research on issues of women rights, Labour Rights and Environment for advocacy. The interns will be expected to assist in drafting, research and assisting in cases in Trial and High courts.
The work will also require engaging with international organisations on issues pertaining to women rights, Environment and Labour Law, writing, reviewing and analyzing-depth research reports and fact sheets, Drafting petitions, applications, and notices.
The Applicant will also be expected to assist in client counselling and brief in court cases and participate in strategy meetings with clients and senior lawyers.
The work is on tight deadlines and on sensitive and sometimes disturbing issues including child sexual abuse, Human Trafficking and suppression of human rights in areas of Environment and labour.
Interested candidates should be based in Mumbai and willing to dedicate a minimum of 7 hours daily.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3rd/ 4th/ or 5th-year law student.
- Interned with legal networks, practising advocates, civil society organisations.
- Good communication skills in Marathi, English and Hindi
- Proficiency with MS Office products, database management and other computer applications
- Comfortable in conducting field research in challenging situations (visiting meeting with victims/perpetrators of crimes) Attitude
- Flexible and cooperative attitude to work.
How to apply
Send an email to [email protected] along with
- Your CV
- A covering letter explaining your suitability for the post and addressing each of the requirements set out above, stating where you gained the qualifications, experience, skills and knowledge whether within formal or informal settings.
- And a writing sample (no more than two pages) of your original work on any subject.
As per qualification.
9819293189 for more details.