Whenever they have internship programme they come out with advertisements including those published on Lawctopus.
Duration of internship and timings
A tleast 21 days in November-December. Timings are flexible on most days. One has to spend at least 4 hours in office. Those provided with accommodation have to work a bit more.
First impression, first day formalities, infrastructure
On the first day we were made to wait for a long time. This was followed by an orientation which made us aware about the party and our internship structure. The office was spacious and comfortable. However there was no AC.
I was made to do these tasks:
1. Handled a case of an underprivileged bus driver of violation of labour laws and got the opportunity to interview him and do research on labour laws.
2. Learn about the RTI act. Filled a number of RTI’s .
3. Made a presentation on Sachar committee’s report.
4. Studied the Consumer Protection Act.
5. Did a survey of individuals belonging to Scheduled Caste communities.
6. Took part in electoral research.
Work environment and people
The work environment at Aam Aadmi Party, Mumbai is pretty clumsy. One has to ask for legal work. The people are very humble since it is a voluntary organisation.
It was a very light internship and one has the opportunity to work on legal matter/ laws which he likes if it is for public good. It is good for those who have completed first semester.
There was a lot of non-legal work which included things like taking part in flash mobs, membership drives, etc. One had to ask for legal work t get it.
None but you will get some party material for free 😀
Its just an introduction to working in an office. Would recommend only to for semester- I BA.LLB students.
Disclaimer: Internship experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus official views on the internship.