The DPIIT IPR Chair, WBNUJS is conducting an International Workshop on Intellectual Property Rights for Society & Youth, on April 26, 2022 in a hybrid mode.
The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences is a premier public law school in India, also known as Columbia of East, and is a National Law University located in Salt Lake City of Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
About the Workshop on ‘IPR for Society & Youth’
When World Intellectual Property Day (WIPD) on April 26th is commemorated, awareness is raised about the vital role that IP rights play in fostering new ideas and inventive solutions. WIPO 2022 recognizes the
the enormous potential of today’s youth to help usher in a sustainable future by developing new and better solutions.
IP and Youth: “Innovating for a Better Future” is the theme of this year’s World Intellectual Property Day, which promotes youth-led innovation and creativity. Today’s youngsters represent a tremendously creative and innovative resource that has yet to be fully realized. Rethinking the way things are done is already taking place thanks to their new ideas and “can-do” attitude as well as their desire to see a brighter future.
During World Intellectual Property Day in 2022, young people can learn how intellectual property rights can help them achieve their goals, turn ideas into reality, generate income and create jobs. Young people now have some of the most important resources they’ll ever have at their disposal because to intellectual property (IP) rights.
- Date: April 26, 2022
- Time: 11 AM to 5:30 PM
- Mode: Hybrid Mode
Workshop Sessions and Themes
- Shri Chandranath Sinha-Minister In charge, Department of MSME, Govt. of West Bengal-Chief Guest
- Shri Pankaj Kumar Dutta, IPS, Retired IG IB, WB Police – Guest of Honour
- Prof.(Dr) Nirmal Kanti Chakraborty, Vice Chancellor, The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences
- Mr. Sumitra Dasgupta, IFS, Additional Director General of Forest (Wildlife), Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change
- Mr. Saibal Chakraborty, WBCS(Exe), Special Secretary, Backward Classes Welfare & Tribal Development Directorate
- Session 1 (11 AM to 2 PM IST): Innovating for a Better Future
- Session 2 (3.30 PM to 5.30 PM IST): IP for Youth and Innovation
How to Register for the IP Workshop?
Click on the link given at the end of this post to register for the workshop.
Email: [email protected]