About the Organizer
The Kirit P. Mehta School of Law (SOL) of SVKM’s NMIMS (Deemed-to-be-University) established in the year 2013 approved by the Bar Council of India aims to provide quality legal education in order to meet the aforementioned challenges.
About the Moot
SVKM’s NMIMS Kirit P. Mehta School of Law, Mumbai would be organizing their 2nd International Moot Court Competition from 20th March to 22nd March 2020.
The Moot Proposition is based on International Environmental Law. It is a topic that covers all aspects of depleting environment and the necessity to conserve and protect it.
Kirit P. Mehta School of Law, NMIMS, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
The Moot Court Competition is open to all students enrolled in a full-time undergraduate/postgraduate law courses provided by a recognized College/Institution/University in India or abroad, pursing a 3 year or 5-year law course.
Each team shall comprise of three members consisting of two speakers and one researcher.
For the Registration Form, click here.
- The teams are required to duly complete the registration process by 20th January, 2020 (11:59 P.M. IST).
- The teams have to provisionally register themselves by sending an email on the official mail id i.e., mcc.sol[at]nmims.edu.
- After the provisional registration, the teams are required to duly fill the registration form and pay the registration fee as provided in Rule
- All International Participating Teams shall submit a scanned copy of the registration form along with the payment receipt to mcc.sol[at]nmims.edu by 21st January 2020.
The Indian participating teams shall deliver the hard copy of the registration form and receipt of payment through any other method addressed to the following postal address by 25th January 2020:
Prof. Sohini Shrivastav, SVKM’s NMIMS Kirit P. Mehta School of Law, 9th Floor, Mithibai Campus, V.L. Mehta Road, Vile-Parle (West), Mumbai – 400 056, India.
Rs. 6500/- for Indian Participating Teams
150 USD/100 Pounds for International Participating Teams.
The registration fee is non-refundable. The preferred mode of payment is by NEFT/IMPS/RTGS. The details for the same are mentioned in RULE 17. A mail should be sent to mcc.sol[at]nmims.edu with the transaction number and the Team Details. The last date for the same has been provided in Rule 4.3.
Any change in the composition of the team will not be entertained once the memorials have been submitted except in cases of medical emergencies.
Note: The moot problem for this edition is drafted by M.V. Kini & Co., Mumbai one of the leading law firms of India.
Disclaimer: Any team found contacting M.V. Kini & Co. will be disqualified with immediate effect.
- Commencement of Registration: 8th December 2019
- Last Date of Registration: 20th January 2020
- Last Date for sending scanned (soft) copy of Registration Form along with payment receipt: 21st January 2020
- Last Date for seeking Clarifications: 22nd January 2020
- Last Date for sending hard copy of Registration Form and Demand Draft: 25th January 2020 (For Indian Participating Teams Only)
- Release of Clarifications: By 31st January 2020
- Last Date of Submission of Memorials (Softcopy): 5th March 2020
- Last Date of Submission of Memorials (Hardcopy): 9th March 2020 (For Indian Participating Teams Only)
- Inaugural and Oral Rounds: 20th March – 22nd March 2020
All queries, clarifications/information-requests must be directed to mcc.sol[at]nmims.edu.
Tanuj Modi (Student Convenor): +91 97820 99425; +91 8949048676
Sanika Surve (Student Co-convenor): +919699792585
Ikmeet Gandhi (Head of Communications): +91 9131614298
For the Rule Book, click here.
For the Moot Proposition, click here.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.