The guest editor of the International Journal of Human Rights in Healthcare is seeking manuscript submissions for a 2015 special issue on Female Genital Mutilation (FGM).
About the Journal
International Journal of Human Rights in Healthcare (IJHRH) is a double-blind peer reviewed journal with a unique practical approach to promoting equality, inclusion and human rights in health and social care.
The journal explores what is currently known about international discrimination and disadvantage, with a focus on issues influencing the health of populations.
Content considers the social determinants of health, equity and interventions that help to overcome barriers and that promote equality and inclusion.
Call for papers
FGM is increasingly identified as a medical and cultural challenge. In understanding the nature of this challenge and how to identify ways to end the practice, there is an urgent need for empirical research and thoughtful scholarship.
This special issue of the International Journal of Human Rights in Healthcare is dedicated to understanding the impact of FGM and critically examining the interventions available for ending FGM.
We are seeking empirical research articles, case studies, viewpoint articles, review or literature review articles and conceptual articles, covering (but not limited to) the following topics:
1. Impact of FGM on survivors in the widest sense of health and well being
2. Issues around safeguarding of girls at risk of FGM
3. Research related to accessing healthcare services or lack thereof
4. Critical views on terminology and normativity in the conversation around FGM
5. Policy-related issues and the role of the criminal justice system in ending FGM
6. Scope of Intersex Genital Mutilations and other areas overlooked in the FGM debate
7. What interventions are effective and what’s the best way to engage with interest groups to end FGM
1. Manuscripts should be between 3,000 and 6,500 words and formatted according to the journal author guidelines.
2. Authors should indicate that the manuscript is for this special issue by selecting this from the dropdown list on Scholar One Manuscripts.
For further information
Please see the journal homepage HERE or contact the guest editor.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.
I am the Admin of Lawctopus. I am for law students, of law students and by law students. I am Torts and Contracts and moots and internships. I am your boyfriend! And your girlfriend too! Mentor. Friend. Junior. Senior. I am the footnote in your research paper. Foreword in your life. The jugaad for your internship. The side gig which earns you bucks. I am Maggi. Pocket money too.