NUJS Centre for Aviation and Space Laws is organizing the first edition of its flagship event, the International Conference on National Space Legislation. The Conference shall be held on 27th February 2021.
The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS or NUJS) is one of India’s finest National Law Universities. Established in 1999, NUJS offers courses at under and postgraduate levels. It is in Salt Lake City of Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
The university offers a five-year integrated B.A. LLB (Hons.) degree program, and an LLM program. Admission to the former program is through the Common Law Admission Test, a highly competitive, nationwide entrance examination, held jointly by fourteen of the nineteen national law schools. NUJS also offers MPhil, Ph.D., and diplomas in business laws and other programs, in addition to a number of online courses that attract students from 17 countries across the world.
About the Centre
The Centre for Aviation and Space Laws was created under the aegis of Prof. (Dr.) Sandeepa Bhat and Dr. Shouvik Kumar Guha, to explore, understand, analyze and critique the legal developments and needs in the sphere of aviation and space laws. The Centre intends to promote research and awareness about air and space law among people from both academic and industry backgrounds, and this necessarily involves the conduct of regular conferences as well as producing quality research output in the form of research projects and publications.
The International Conference
The International Conference on National Space Legislation intends to provide an avenue for lawmakers, industrialists, students, and scholars alike, to delve into the intricacies of the various contemporary issues arising in space law. We are pleased to inform you that this event is unique with the participation of scholars of the high esteem in the field of space law.
- Mode: Online
- Platform: Google Meet
- Certificate/Award: E-certificate to the participants
- Dr. Eligar Sadeh: “The Man Who Wrote the Book”: Eligar Sadeh is the CEO & Founder of both the Astropolitics Institute and Astroconsulting International LLC; Chief Editor of the Academic Journal of Astropolitics; and a professor of Astrophysics, Aerospace Engineering, and Astropolitics.
- Prof. (Dr.) Fabio Tronchetti: Dr. Fabio Tronchetti works as a Co-Director of the Institute of Space Law and Strategy and as an Associate Professor at Beihang University, Beijing. He also holds the position of Adjunct Professor of Comparative National Space Law at the School of Law of the University of Mississippi.
- Prof. (Dr.) Joanne Irene Gabrynowicz: Prof. Gabrynowicz is Professor Emerita of Space Law, Director Emerita of the National Center for Remote Sensing, Air, and Space Law, University of the Mississippi Law Center, and the Editor-in-Chief Emerita, Journal of Space Law. She has taught space law since 1987 and currently lectures at various universities around the world.
- Prof. Dr. Kai-Uwe Schrogl: Prof. Dr. Kai-Uwe Schrogl is the President of the International Institute of Space Law (‘IISL’) since 2016. From 2014 to 2016, he served as the Chair of the Legal Subcommittee of the United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space (‘UNCOPUOS’).
- Professor Dr. Mahulena Hofmann: Professor Dr. Mahulena Hofmann is the holder of the SES Chair in Space, SatCom, and Media Law at the University of Luxembourg. Since 2016, she serves as Director of the Master Program in Space, Communication, and Media Law.
- Dr. Ricky J. Lee: Dr. Ricky J. Lee has been recognized as a leading expert in Space Law and International
Business Law, having acted for launch operators, satellite operators, regulatory agencies, and government entities around the world. Dr. Lee has published extensively, with over 100 books, chapters, articles, and seminar papers on Space Law, International Law, and Commercial Law, including the multidisciplinary monograph Law and Regulation of Commercial Mining of Minerals in Outer Space, 2012.
- Professor Dr. H. C. Stephan Hobe: Professor Dr. H. C. Stephan Hobe is the Director of the Institute of Air Law, Space Law, and Cyber Law as well as co-Director of the International Investment Law Centre Cologne. He is a member of various scientific associations, inter alia, the Vice President of the German Society of International
- Prof. (Dr.) Steven Freeland: Steven Freeland is Emeritus Professor of International Law at Western Sydney University, specializing in Commercial Space Law, and previously the Dean of the School of Law. He also holds Visiting or Adjunct positions at various other Universities/Institutes in Copenhagen, Vienna, Toulouse, Hong Kong, Montreal, Kuala Lumpur, London, and Queensland. He is also a Member of the Advisory Group of the Australian Space Agency and has been an advisor to the Australian, New Zealand, Norwegian, and several other Governments on issues relating to national space legislative frameworks and policy.
- Inaugural Session: 9:45 AM – 11 AM
- Technical Session I: 11 AM – 12:40 PM
- Technical Session II: 1:30 PM – 3 PM
- Technical Session III: 3 PM – 4:45 PM
How to Register?
The registration is free, and the registration link is given at the end of this post
For complete information, refer to the official brochure, here.
The deadline for the registration is 11:59 pm on 22 February 2021.
More Conferences and Seminars that you might be interested in
- 6th RGNUL Multi-Disciplinary Congress [MDC] on Rights of Transgender Community: Submit by Feb 21
- CfP: International Virtual Conference on ‘Sports and Law’ by Institute of Law, Nirma University [Mar 5-6]: Register by Feb 28
- CfP: 1-Day National Seminar on Criminal Law Reforms in Recent Times by FOL, Baba Mast Nath University, Rohtak [Mar 5]: Submit by Feb 27