K.L.E. Society’s, Gurusiddappa Kotambari Law College, Hubballi is organising a National Seminar on Emerging Issues and Trends in Intellectual Property Rights on February 9, 2019.
Intellectual property (IP) refers to creations of the mind: inventions, literary and artistic works, and symbols, names, images, and designs used in commerce. The recent history is an evidence to show that technology and knowledge are important factors for economic growth and development of every nation. In this regard one can firmly believe that a nation’s ability to translate knowledge into wealth and social good through innovations will determine its future.
The protection of intellectual property rights is an essential component of financial policy for any country. Only such protection can stimulate research, creativity and technological innovations by giving freedom to individual inventors and companies to gain the benefits of their creative efforts. Initially the IPR protection was limited to very few kinds of IP but recently the trends of IPR is extended to new knowledge like animations, nanotechnology, ICT etc..
Today, digital technologies are major tools for creating and storing information for its speed and easy access. IPR applies to the digital world but the main issue is in making them enforceable. The ease of reproducing works if they are in digital format is low-cost and there is a near-perfect quality of copies, which makes authors work extremely vulnerable to Internet piracy.
When it comes to academic writings plagiarism is a major issue. It is considered a type of academic dishonesty which affects the creative work and creative ideas of the original author. The consequences of plagiarism are far-reaching and no one is immune, however the seriousness of plagiarism is not relative to its quantity, but to the extent of its consequences.
The IPR system in India comprises of strong Intellectual Property laws but it has many loopholes as it lacks effective implementation, therefore in particular Indian IPR system should provide enough legal protection to maximize incentives to engage in creative and innovative activities while also providing rules and policies that minimize the effect on the commercial marketplace and interference with the free flow of ideas generally.
In light of the above considerations, the present one day National Seminar will try to address the related issues and particularly to identify the major flaws in the present legal regime and to deliberate on how to strengthen the Indian IPR system in fostering the economic development of the nation and similarly to analyse the challenges for policymakers to find an optimal balance between the rights of inventors, who provide technological innovations to improve social conditions and the needs of the general public.
Call for Papers
We cordially invite the research papers from the Professionals, Govt. Officials, Academicians, social activists, Research Scholars and Students on the following sub-theme or any other emerging area related to the main theme.
- IPR: A Tool for Economic Development
- ICT Protection Under Intellectual Property Rights
- Pharmaceutical Patents
- Intellectual Property Rights in Academic works
- Protecting Breeders and Farmers Rights
- IPR Laws vis-à-vis Competition Law in India
- Patenting Life Forms
- Intellectual Property Rights and Climate Change
- IPR in Animations and its Exploitation
- IPR and Bio-diversity
K.L.E. Society’s, Gurusiddappa Kotambri Law College, Vidyanagar, Hubballi – 580 031 Karnataka.
- Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors per submission. However, both authors need to register separately.
- The Abstract must contain the highlights of the full paper and should not exceed 500 words. The soft copy of the abstract shall be submitted along with a cover page.
- The cover page of the paper should contain Author(s) Name(s), University/Organization, Paper Title, Email Address, postal address and Mobile Number.
- The research paper should be authors original research work and no part of the research paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication with any publisher
- Selected papers will be published in the form of book with ISBN number
- The text should be in Times New Roman, font size 12, spacing 1.5. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single spacing.
- One inch margins on all sides should be maintained.
- The authors shall adhere to a uniform style of citation or 19th edn. Bluebook citation format.
- The paper should be within 3000-5000 words excluding of footnotes and abstract.
All submissions must be made in Soft Copy to the [email protected] on or before the last date of submission. All submissions must be made in Word document format.
- The registration fee needs to be paid latest by 19th Jan, 2019.
- Scanned copy of registration form along with scanned copy of Demand Draft or NEFT details is to be sent via email (In case of Demand Draft, kindly mention your name and the name of event, “IPR Seminar” at the back of the demand draft).
- The registration form along with Demand Draft(if) is to be sent to the following address: [email protected]
- Persons interested in only attending the Seminar may also register for which they will be awarded Certificate of Participation.
- Paper Presenter: Rs. 500 /-
- Participants: Rs.300/-
- Students: Rs. 100 /-
Demand draft to be drawn in favour of “The Principal KLE Society’s G. K. Law College, Hubballi” Payable at Hubballi.
Online payments can also be made to
Account holder’s name: The Principal KLE Society’s G. K. Law College, Hubballi.
Bank Name : Syndicate Bank, BVB Campus, Vidyanagar, Hubballi.
SB Account number : 12442010022178
IFSC Code : SYNB0001244
- Last Date for Submission of Abstract : 15th January 2019
- Confirmation of Abstract : 17th January 2019
- Last Date of registration : 19th January 2019
- Last Date for Submission of Full Paper : 30th January 2019
Seminar Organising Committee
Chairperson: Dr. Sharada G. Patil, Principal, KLE Society’s G. K. Law College, Huubballi
Dr. Dnyaneshwar P. Chouri, Asst. Professor: Ph.No.7899045078
Dr. S. M. Hullur, Asst. Professor: Ph.No.9449907929
Ms. Vinutha Kulkarni, Asst. Professor: Ph.No.8095227080
Click here for official notification.