About the INTA
The International Trademark Association (INTA) is a global association of brand owners and professionals dedicated to supporting trademarks and related intellectual property (IP) to foster consumer trust, economic growth, and innovation.
About the Competition
Established in memory of distinguished practitioner and author, Stephen P. Ladas, the Ladas Memorial Award Competition is an annual award that is presented in two categories–Student and Professional–for a paper on trademark law or a matter that directly relates to, or affects, trademarks.
How to Apply?
To enter the competition, complete the online application and submit your paper for consideration.
To apply, click here.
Sponsored by the law firm of Ladas & Parry LLP, the Ladas Memorial Award is an annual international competition that is open to both students and professionals. It was established in memory of the outstanding practitioner and author, Stephen P. Ladas.
- Eligible students must be enrolled as either full- or part-time law or graduate students.
- For students outside of the United States, university enrollment is acceptable.
- Students must provide proof of matriculation; school ID is acceptable.
- Authors may be legal practitioners, business professionals and/or academics.
- No restrictions regarding the level of experience or years in practice apply
- The subject of the paper must be trademark law or a matter that directly relates to, or affects, trademarks.
- Eligible papers may include both original unpublished manuscripts and published articles that are submitted to INTA by the submission deadline.
- Published articles must have been first published no longer than one year prior to the competition deadline.
- Paper must be a product of the author’s original thought and scholarship.
- Paper may be co-authored.
- More than one paper may be submitted for consideration.
- Paper must be limited to twenty-five pages.
Two student winners will each receive the U.S. $2,500 and complimentary registration to the 2019 Annual Meeting. The professional winner will receive a set of Stephen P.Ladas’s three-volume treatise, Patents, Trademarks, and Related Rights. The winning papers will be considered for publication in The Trademark Reporter, INTA’s legal journal.
E-mail ID: ladasaward[at]inta.org
The deadline to apply is January 18, 2019.
For information, click here.
For the website link, click here.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.